PDA

View Full Version : struts or front control arms???

MD Ripper
03-27-2011, 05:51 PM
so i have had this clunking noise in the front of my car for some time. i know i need new struts and i was told by a shop my front lower control arm bushings are bad. my plan is to buy all new FLCA from majestic honda which are $130 a piece, i feel it would be easier to do it that way. then get some tokico d-specs. now my question is which should i get first, the FLCA or d specs?

27rocks
03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Why don't you just replace the bushings?? That would be the cheapest route not to mention a really good upgrade.

MD Ripper
03-27-2011, 10:45 PM
i called the shop i go to and they quoted me at $400 to do the bushings. i dont know how difficult it is to replace the bushings on them or if it would have just been easier to buy new ones. trust me i would rather spend money on just the bushings. i just dont know which is more important to replace first.

27rocks
03-28-2011, 11:12 AM
The shop you called is trying to rip you off. Its not that hard to replace them. If I was you I would order bushings either from energy or get some solid rubber ones, take off the lca's and take it to some other sop to press them in.

MD Ripper
03-28-2011, 04:01 PM
yeah, much rather drop the $50 on some nice bushings. wasnt sure how much of a headache they were to do. thanks!