PDA

View Full Version : Car dies........WHILE DRIVING

Fantacii
03-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Hey there everyone!! Im havin wid my ep...

Lately it HASNT happened but its starting up again...

My ep bogs out while im driving....and sometimes it cuts off while im rollin....

When it usually cuts off im NOT in gear....or comin to a stop....but its been cuttin off on me while im driving down the street.....

Can anyone tell me what in the world is going on with my car???

I bought the car and the previous owner had installed (poorly) and injen intake....dc header...(cat conv still attached)...and some bummy exhaust....Im upgrading everything this year tho...

HondaFreak
03-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Your description is far too vague. You'll need more info than "my car just dies". Is there an engine light? I'd imagine there is if your car is just cutting out. Did you get the code read? This is all basic info anyone here will need to accurately help you fix the issue. Get some more info or you'll be tearing the whole car apart.

Christian

VIZHUNZ02SI
03-28-2011, 03:37 PM
more details like do you have a cel on

crazysmm89
03-28-2011, 09:09 PM
i could say vacuume leak ? or sensors ? no engine codes ?

sp00n sp0rts
03-28-2011, 10:43 PM
can it be a starter? you might check that..

j0000stin
03-28-2011, 11:44 PM
can it be a starter? you might check that..

after the car has started, theres no way the starter could kill it

i could say vacuume leak ? or sensors ? no engine codes ?

vacuum leak would cause the car to idle high not kill it? could be a sensor, if your car was swapped but the ecu was not changed or if the injectors are slightly too big it could cause it to die.?

as stated earlier your description is too vague, we need more details. any idle fluctuation? cel?

talonXracer
03-29-2011, 05:13 AM
My ep bogs out while im driving....and sometimes it cuts off while im rollin....

When it usually cuts off im NOT in gear....or comin to a stop....but its been cuttin off on me while im driving down the street.....

Which is it, while in gear and driving or not????

Is it cutting out while the gas pedal is depressed or when lifting or during tip-in?

The VERY FIRST thing to do when ANY issues like this arise, is to make sure the fuel in the tank is clean, dry, fresh and top tier(no cheap ass gas), pull the ECU/FI fuse in the underhood fusebox for 60 seconds, then replace. Now do a idle relearn, this is holding the revs at 3K for 5 minutes, (whenever the rad fan turns on then stop the clock until the fan quits and then resume the 5 minute countdown),

rd02SiR
03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Sounds to me like an alternator.

Fantacii
03-29-2011, 03:39 PM
When my car does cut off....it is usually when I put it neutral, comin to a stop......but the other day it cut off while I was driving down the street in gear (5th) driving at 45 miles an hr.

I can only put in AM/PM gas.....it's FFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR way worse with any other gas...including chevron, shell, etc.

I used fuel injector cleaners....used it for a couple months....

I usually know its gonna cut off because the car starts to bog out....feels like im jus tappin the gas on n off randomly....

it's sooooo friggin annoying!!

I do have 2 codes that popped up...but my check engine light is not on....I think the previous owner had it disconnected....

I am unable to diagnose the car until I get california street legal parts....

I was jus seeing if anyone knew what it was...

Thanx for the info guys....more would be great... :)

talonXracer
03-29-2011, 04:18 PM
You do not need legal parts to read the codes.

It does sound as if the IACV is dirty and needs to be cleaned or replaced.

Remove the gauge cluster and check/replace the CEL bulb.

MR.Pizza
03-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Try a bottle of Heat water remover in your next fill up.