PDA

View Full Version : Depo projectors+ custom harness for 02/03 ep install ?

jeenyusss
03-28-2011, 05:15 PM
I purchased the depo projectors and custom harness from ssr (as I have a 02 ep3). Just seeing if anyone has done this install? I have the bumper off the ep sitting in the garage waiting for them to come in. If anyone has done this and knows whats involved/ any tips/pointers/etc. that would be nice :mbiggrin:

thanks

Draw7Seven
03-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Are you running an HID retrofit or just a 02/03 to Depo Halogen conversion? I would imagine the latter will be very simple. Honestly the turn signal conversion will probably be the hardest part if their harness is straightforward.

jeenyusss
03-28-2011, 08:14 PM
just halogen

Draw7Seven
03-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah I would think it's pretty simple then if they give you a good harness, you're just gonna plug it into your car's headlight harness and it should run out into separate high and low beams. The turn signals have to get converted to 04/05 for the Depos... the bulb is the same but the socket is different, and SiRated did a good DIY thread but all the pic links died.

Yo_KyleEP3
03-28-2011, 09:48 PM
this sounds so damn confusing becuase i hate everything electrical! I plan on doing this too but depo projectors with HID's

MugenReplica
03-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Kev, I have one of the SSR plug and play harnesses in my basement. I've also converted over my 02-03 headlights to two different retro HID kits using plug and play harnesses. Just look it over a little bit and you should have no problem figuring out how to plug it all together.

MugenReplica
03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
The turn signals have to get converted to 04/05 for the Depos... the bulb is the same but the socket is different, and SiRated did a good DIY thread but all the pic links died.

^Forgot about the turn signals. Draw7Seven is right on those. But for the general headlight conversion, the harness is user friendly.

jeenyusss
03-29-2011, 01:53 AM
it is coming with the turn signal mod (or w.e you call it)

Draw7Seven
03-29-2011, 04:47 PM
it is coming with the turn signal mod (or w.e you call it)

Then you're gonna be very bored, should be pretty self explanatory Lego mod. Get some zip ties and tuck everything back neatly, I ran into the most problems when I did dumb stuff like leave wires hanging somewhat loosely near the belt and stuff.

jeenyusss
04-16-2011, 05:30 PM
the connector i was given for the turn signal has no metal clips and I cannot terminate the wiring. anyone know where i can get correct ones?