PDA

View Full Version : Civic hatch, green in colour (non-Si)

SBC31
06-15-2002, 04:48 PM
Not a bad colour, available in Sweden. I wonder if they will bring a non Si (SiR) to North America and sell it as a DX or something along that line. In a way I hope they don't so we have less EP Hatches on the road...:D

http://members.rogers.com/sbc31/civic3d_green01.jpg

http://members.rogers.com/sbc31/civic3d_green02.jpg

02TafWhtSi
06-15-2002, 05:13 PM
Looks exactly like our Si/SIR except for the color. What engine does it use (maybe the 1.7L in the regular U.S. Civics?) I think it would cause too much confusion if Honda sold a regular civic, an si and a Type R all with the same body style.

CleanBlackSi02
06-15-2002, 06:17 PM
I will definitely be shaving my reflectors soon. Much cleaner like that. Is it just me, or does it seem a bit lower that the U.S. version?

archer2332
06-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Hey cleanblacksi now that you say that it does look lower than the us version. Also shaving the reflectors is another thing I've added on my "to-do" list I think they look so much better without them

SBC31
06-16-2002, 05:56 AM
I agree, having the side markers in North America to make the car DOT legal sux. I hope someone comes out with clear ones to replace the front orange/yellow ones.

Someone actually asked me already if I had added the markers on myself, he thought they were just cheesy reflectors...lol!

So when some of you say "shave them off" what exactly do you mean, and how do you go about doing this?

DownTheHatch
06-16-2002, 11:13 AM
How would you shave it off if its on a plastic bumper?
Maybe for now I'll spray paint them black and remove the light bulbs behind them.

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
How would you shave it off if its on a plastic bumper?
Maybe for now I'll spray paint them black and remove the light bulbs behind them.

I'm sure there's some type of filler that works on plastic. I'll find it wherever it is. I'll start working on my SDM conversion. Swedish domestic market....lol....now that I think about it, wouldn't that be unique? ::thinking:: It's settled....SDM it is!