PDA

View Full Version : Tire Rack RSX-S Calipers

0h5ive_EP3
03-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I've been doing a lot of research regarding what's needed to upgrade to RSX-S front brakes from a 05 EP3. I have seen a few used calipers but I happened to come across these (http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?make=Centric&model=Posi+Quiet+Loaded+Cal.&group=Posi+Quiet+Loaded+Cal.&autoMake=Acura&autoModel=RSX+Type+S&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=) on tire rack. Comes with all new hardware including the piston, caliper, seals bolts, rings, boots, and pins. These also come with a set of pads (not sure if they perform that well or not, but they could always be used for back ups). I also called TireRack to see if these are a proprietary caliper made for just those pads and I was told they are universal fitment for any pads.

If anyone has experience or advice regarding these feel free to post

civictype_r04
03-30-2011, 08:08 PM
I would look for some used OEM calipers for sale!

02TWSI
03-31-2011, 12:07 AM
good price though, to be honest for a BRAND new product.

AKEP
03-31-2011, 12:18 AM
why do the rears cost more than the fronts?

RedSiBaron
03-31-2011, 05:12 AM
why do the rears cost more than the fronts?

Like wilwoods, probably something to do with a complicated and expensive ebrake cable assembly setup thingy majigger bit...those are all technical terms...

But seriously, its cuz of the ebrake assembly

talonXracer
03-31-2011, 06:19 AM
good price though, to be honest for a BRAND new product.

Those are NOT BRAND NEW, they are rebuilds. But still a decent price as there is not a core charge that I see.

RHCP0801
03-31-2011, 07:20 AM
thats not a bad price, i got my reman ones from a parts place loaded with pads for right around the same price, maybe a little bit cheaper

0h5ive_EP3
03-31-2011, 12:00 PM
I would look for some used OEM calipers for sale!
I have been. I found some but don't have the $ for it right now. Just doing some research before i spend some and thought i'd let everyone know about this option.

Those are NOT BRAND NEW, they are rebuilds. But still a decent price as there is not a core charge that I see.
How do you know that these are rebuilds?

thats not a bad price, i got my reman ones from a parts place loaded with pads for right around the same price, maybe a little bit cheaper
is the place local or online? if online you have a link?

RHCP0801
03-31-2011, 04:10 PM
yea it was a local place

Lucid Moments
03-31-2011, 07:37 PM
How do you know that these are rebuilds?

If you read the description of the product it mentions in several places that they replace parts, or use "all new hardware". It says something like that about pistons, seals, guide bolts, pins etc. That sure sounds like a rebuild to me.

0h5ive_EP3
03-31-2011, 09:22 PM
If you read the description of the product it mentions in several places that they replace parts, or use "all new hardware". It says something like that about pistons, seals, guide bolts, pins etc. That sure sounds like a rebuild to me.

touche