PDA

View Full Version : Gauge location

Tortoise
03-30-2011, 01:00 AM
Gettin ready to take my car to the shop to get my swap done. Im gonna have them install my aem uego wideband gauge and im wondering where people have theirs mounted. I dont wanna run a pillar cuz im only gonna have this one gauge. I bought the steering column single pod but my gauge doesnt fit in it:( im wondering where people suggest i mount it?! I was gonna move my hazard button to the other side and mount the gauge where the hazard button usually is but i have the hfp trim and i dont think i could cut it smoothly and i wanna keep it. What do you guys suggest? Pics are welcome and wanted! Thanks

PatrickJamesYu
03-30-2011, 02:05 AM
I think it'd be cleanest if you could mod or make a mount for it to fit on that steering column one
I don't know what the unit it self looks like, but I would imagine you can somehow mod it, with like a coupler clamp or something
But that's just me

bump

Tortoise
03-30-2011, 02:35 AM
I think it'd be cleanest if you could mod or make a mount for it to fit on that steering column one
I don't know what the unit it self looks like, but I would imagine you can somehow mod it, with like a coupler clamp or something
But that's just me

bump

Id like to do that but my gauge itself is too deep for the pod. I cant shave down enough of the pod for it to fit either. And id need extra room for all the wiring too. No chance of it workin.

PatrickJamesYu
03-30-2011, 02:44 AM
dang..
I have no clue what it looks like but in my head I'm imagining you could completely cut the back, giving the pod an open back which would allow the gauge to go in, and allow wiring?

But then again I'm sure if this was even a possibility you would have already thought it.

what are the rough dimensions of your gauge?

talonXracer
03-30-2011, 04:42 AM
First off, why even permanently install ANOTHER wideband? They are tools for tuning and for the dyno queens. They serve ZERO purpose once you are tuned.

Tortoise
03-30-2011, 05:15 AM
First off, why even permanently install ANOTHER wideband? They are tools for tuning and for the dyno queens. They serve ZERO purpose once you are tuned.

Because i want to.

talonXracer
03-30-2011, 05:29 AM
Thats all the reason you need!

LOL

Have you looked into a setup like what I went with? I used the AutoGauge Cf gauge cups and mounted them on the steering column pod.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0786.jpg

Tortoise
03-30-2011, 05:54 AM
Thats all the reason you need!

LOL

Have you looked into a setup like what I went with? I used the AutoGauge Cf gauge cups and mounted them on the steering column pod.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0786.jpg

They dont look bad but is that wiring for the gauges exposed in that splitloom? I wouldnt want anything exposed.

talonXracer
03-30-2011, 06:22 AM
Yeah that was just laid there to get the wiring all figured out. I have since gone with a smaller gauge wiring and routed it down through the mount and into the pod. I will need to take some new pics when i finish up the interior here in a few days. The ride has been in the garage all winter.