PDA

View Full Version : DRL Relay Location?

Jukka
03-30-2011, 06:04 AM
On my way to school today, I stopped off to get some breakfast and as I left the coffee shop, my DRL relay went nuts. It was clicking really rapidly and the light was still on with the ebrake down. I'm guessin the relay is toasted, but I don't have my owners manual with me, so any idea of where the relay is? would it be under the dashboard in the fuse box? or is it hiding somewhere else?

Kerby
03-30-2011, 11:05 AM
CAN models came with DRL?

learned something new today.

carrito
03-30-2011, 11:25 AM

most of the can models has DRL

here jukka

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww236/carlsol/DSC03989.jpg

Jukka
03-30-2011, 04:14 PM
I donno whats with it, but when i started my car again after class...worked fine...started it and restarted it like 10 times again...no issues. The relay though...$33 from the dealer with my discount...the module is like $140..my parts guy thinks its the module not the relay..but now its working. So i have no idea.

But thanks man. And yea, all Canadian cars have to have DRLs by law. Even if you import a car from another country, to pass safety it needs to have DRLs, so you have to buy a cheap module to get them to work.

usedep3
03-30-2011, 04:30 PM

yup. i've been trying to figure out how to make it work on the USDM ep. there's a DIY on how to do it, just trying to figure out how to do it on a usdm ep3

Jukka
03-30-2011, 05:12 PM
if you really want them, theres a kit you can buy at almost any autoparts store here for like $20 and it just requires a tach signal, power, ground and i think thats it. I installed one on a USDM 94 Celica when we imported it for my girlfriend.