PDA

View Full Version : What is needed/recommended while installing coilovers?

G-MaC!
03-30-2011, 03:46 PM
So, I ordered some new coilovers and was just wondering if anyone can give me some info on other suspension parts that should be replaced when putting in new suspension. I have seen some people recommend new bearings (if anyone has a part number that would be sweet), outer tie rod ends, tie rods etc. I don't really know much about all that stuff. Do I really need all of it? Btw, my car has 183K. If the boot gets destroyed, is it possible to just replace the outer tie rod end?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

civictype_r04
03-30-2011, 08:05 PM
I recommend get a camber kit for the rear and one for the front if you plan to go low!!!! Anything else showed be replaced if it looks or feels like it has paly or is really worn!!

27rocks
03-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Also you wont have to replace your tie rod ends... if the boot does tear you can replace them. I believe the boots are like around $8 or so from majestichonda.com or any honda dealer. If there is play you can also just go to a regular parts store and have them order you new ones they are pretty cheap.

Like said above, the only thing i could think of that would help would be a camber kit for the front and rear.

G-MaC!
03-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Okay sweet, the less money I have to dish out the better. Thanks for the info!

civictype_r04
03-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Okay sweet, the less money I have to dish out the better. Thanks for the info!

Yup!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk