PDA

View Full Version : Tint sidemarkers orange

Garrett
03-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Okay, so i know i read a thread on here, and no i cant seem to find it at all. I know its possilbe to tint your sidemarkers almost the same orange as the jdm sidemarkers, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

EPJuicebox
03-31-2011, 05:48 PM
I can't find it either but I do remember what he did. You basically buy Orange Rit fabric dye and place it in a pan/pot with water over the stove and then let the water reach a simmer. toss your side markers in and leave it in there till they reach the color you want, then take them out let them dry and hit them with some clear coat.

Also make sure there is enough water in the pot to cover the side markers completely.

Its important to note not to leave them in the same spot in the pot since you can burn the plastic, so stir them every now and then.

I'll post pics of mine tomorrow they are fading a bit but I did this over a year ago.

nmysiismyn
03-31-2011, 06:21 PM
I did this, but it's not nearly the same... There's really cheap JDM ones out there. My local Craigslist has a bunch... Just my 2¢

EPJuicebox
03-31-2011, 06:36 PM
I have to agree that it's not the same as the JDM ones. But it's a cheap mod and if you don't like it just buy the jdm ones.

BigBurch422
03-31-2011, 08:57 PM
it's gonna look like booty. trade me your stock plus 20 bucks and you can have my jdm ones lol

Kerby
04-08-2011, 09:52 AM
I did the sharpie method and at first it looked good. After 2 days it looked like the US economic recovery.

I spent the $25 and got the real deal.

i_love_my_ep3!
04-08-2011, 09:56 AM
i sharpied mine then prayed sum gloss clear coat on them i had lieing around and they look flawless been holding up 1 year and going haha

been planning on buying a set of those ebay bumper lens that are clear and sharpieing them and glossing them upp

but i know that the old DIY tread the guy used (rit dye) i believe it was sunrise orange and all you basically do is get a pot add water add dye throw in your markers and lens that you want too dye and let them dry.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-08-2011, 10:08 AM
i sharpied mine then prayed sum gloss clear coat on them i had lieing around and they look flawless been holding up 1 year and going haha

been planning on buying a set of those ebay bumper lens that are clear and sharpieing them and glossing them upp

but i know that the old DIY tread the guy used (rit dye) i believe it was sunrise orange and all you basically do is get a pot add water add dye throw in your markers and lens that you want too dye and let them dry.

i bought jdm sidemarkers

as for the bumper lense i bought lense tint from autozone and tinted mine very dark it looks good because i have a nhbp ep =]

i_love_my_ep3!
04-08-2011, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=NEO_FOLLOWER2;873596]i bought jdm sidemarkers

mine where free haha i was sitting at my computer deck when i found the orange shapie got board and pull them of and was shearching the form while coloring and spraying them down with gloss 45$ well saved ahha

XytL
04-08-2011, 01:36 PM
I did mine like 4 years ago still look fine, just follow the instructions for RIT dye, I believe the color is..like Sunshine Orange had some reference to the sun in it.

edit: googled it, Sunshine Orange is correct. Works great, looks good. Little bit of white after 4 years, but it's not enough for me to go back to do it again. Only takes about 10-15 mins and costs like 4 bucks.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=NEO_FOLLOWER2;873596]i bought jdm sidemarkers

mine where free haha i was sitting at my computer deck when i found the orange shapie got board and pull them of and was shearching the form while coloring and spraying them down with gloss 45$ well saved ahha

got my sidemarkers for $20 =D

im to point where...i just want my shit done with so i move on with my life(i'm lazy now)
there's been too many times where me and my friends thought an install would take a few hours...and it turned into all night/all day..fml lol

rd02SiR
04-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Orange Sharpie!!!!! I used it for a few years and worked well! Just need a touch up every few weeks, but they were very very close to the real thing, tricked a few friends lol. Then got real ones.

khiemboy
05-05-2011, 12:54 AM
I did the other diy idk if it's still on here but I used clear orange paint from tamiya it's the company that does the model cars. You can either ge t the spray can version or just get the liquid one and just put it on carefully

rd02SiR
05-05-2011, 06:31 PM
I've got a few of those if anyone wants to buy them. I have two different sizes.

ShadowEP3
05-05-2011, 06:41 PM
ill trade a local for OEM clear markers :mangel:

jdmjay27
05-22-2011, 11:04 PM
orange just makes my ep look too stock for my liking.

jed_averill
05-22-2011, 11:10 PM
orange just makes my ep look too stock for my liking.

What color would be yours as of now?