PDA

View Full Version : Greddy EVO 2/ TT question

MR.Pizza
04-01-2011, 10:48 AM
I have a Greddy EVO2 on my k24a1 boosted ep right now and I have a TT "3 inch or close" laying in my garage. Question, will this throw my tune off bad or am I gonna need significant tuning again? I could probably clean up minor fuel trim by myself but that's about it. Also the TT mid pipe has a reduced two bolt flange, looks like a pretty bad restriction where it connects to the test pipe. Any thoughts on the benefits of having a new flange welded here?

Thanks
Jervon

FoReVaPmP
04-01-2011, 11:15 AM
How much boost are u pushing or want to push?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR.Pizza
04-01-2011, 11:19 AM
It's tuned at 8psi right now, later on I plan on pushing as much as I can 12-14 depending on what the tuner thinks the setup can handle. I also have a A2 head laying here with some k20a cams I need to put on, missing about 6 rocker pins somehow so when I locate some of those I plan on installing that. Whatcha think? Reason I ask is cause I have the day off and feel like wrenching.

FoReVaPmP
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I'd just keep the Greedy exhaust....

But for keep sake, I would take the flang off the other exhaust have a custom flange welded just as a backup exhaust!! :msmile:

MR.Pizza
04-01-2011, 04:13 PM
I'd just keep the Greedy exhaust....

But for keep sake, I would take the flang off the other exhaust have a custom flange welded just as a backup exhaust!! :msmile:

MMMK bro, Your probably right. I tried just mounting the axle back on but that was a no go and the flange wouldn't match up. Remind me to always have someone else mess with these exhausts, that was a royal pain in the kiester. Put in a new gasket though as the old one was dust. Love the sound of the EVO 2 anyway.