PDA

View Full Version : crash bolt camber??

02ssmEP3
04-03-2011, 04:09 PM
does anybody here have crash bolts installed on their car? if so approximately how much camber adjustment can i expect to get from them?

Twisted-X
04-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I got about 1.6* out of one set of Eibach camber bolts. I think the Honda "crash" bolts give you a bit less, around 1 to 1.2*

02ssmEP3
04-03-2011, 08:21 PM
thanx twisted. how much more do the eibach bolts cost than the oem?

Twisted-X
04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Eibach bolts are about $30 a set, whereas the Honda bolts (Part number 90188-S5A-000) are about $5 a piece.
One word of caution, I've read that the camber bolts (I.E. Eibach) can "spin" unexpectedly, changing your camber. I simply put a fluorescent yellow paint mark running from the bolt head to the strut flange so I could easily just poke my head in there and verify they haven't moved.
I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the stock Honda bolts, unless someone wants to chime in...

02ssmEP3
04-05-2011, 08:19 PM
ok. gonna go for the honda bolts. thanks for all the help.

talonXracer
04-06-2011, 04:52 AM
I had massive issues with the Eibach camber bolts, they would loosen up even when locktite was applied, They are seriously undersized and well worth the name of crash bolt as they are so substandard in size a crash is a very real possibility!!! The Honda bolts should be your only consideration.

AND why do the ricers insist on calling them a crashbolt? They do not have a crash specific function during a crash. Their function is to adjust the camber, thusly their specific name of camber adjusting bolt, or simply camber pinch bolt. freakin morons......

02ssmEP3
04-06-2011, 01:31 PM
haha i didnt kno ricers called them crashbolts. my dad told me that theyre called crash bolts (im 16) but i think camber bolts is more fitting tho haha.

02ssmEP3
04-06-2011, 01:34 PM
o i have one more question. would the neg camber i get from these bolts have make my car handle better? im doing my first track day this month :), and i want limit the understeer

PatrickJamesYu
04-06-2011, 02:21 PM
o i have one more question. would the neg camber i get from these bolts have make my car handle better? im doing my first track day this month :), and i want limit the understeer

Negative camber 'can' help.
In general it will help
But a wack suspension/wheel/camber set-up can destroy the handling of the car.

02ssmEP3
04-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks. How much camber should i run f/r for the best performance on track?
Ps: My caps lock is stuck!!!

Twisted-X
04-06-2011, 09:01 PM
I had massive issues with the Eibach camber bolts, they would loosen up even when locktite was applied, They are seriously undersized and well worth the name of crash bolt as they are so substandard in size a crash is a very real possibility!!! The Honda bolts should be your only consideration.

So far I've put 5k miles on them and about 70 miles on a road course and haven't had any issues... :shrug: I had more issues with the crappy Ingall's rear camber arms falling apart...

02ssmEP3
04-09-2011, 04:25 PM
ok. i called a local honda dealer and a few auto parts stores today. nobody seems to have a clue about a camer adjustment bolt. does anyone have a part number or something for the bolt?

Twisted-X
04-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Eibach bolts are about $30 a set, whereas the Honda bolts (Part number 90188-S5A-000) are about $5 a piece.

Posted farther up................................................ ...........................

talonXracer
04-10-2011, 06:01 AM
ok. i called a local honda dealer and a few auto parts stores today. nobody seems to have a clue about a camer adjustment bolt. does anyone have a part number or something for the bolt?

Two strikes, your first strike was going to a autoparts store, they will not carry OEM Honda parts(other than rebuilt alt's and starters and brake stuff), And your second strike was going to a Honda stealership, I have YET to find a stealership with a parts/service dept that really have a clue and they will not even give you a reach around as they screw you hard when you go to pay for a part at a stealership!.

02ssmEP3
04-10-2011, 06:39 AM
yea i no not to go to a dealer for *expensive parts* these should be like 5 dollars a piece so i didnt see why not...

PatrickJamesYu
04-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Two strikes, your first strike was going to a autoparts store, they will not carry OEM Honda parts(other than rebuilt alt's and starters and brake stuff), And your second strike was going to a Honda stealership, I have YET to find a stealership with a parts/service dept that really have a clue and they will not even give you a reach around as they screw you hard when you go to pay for a part at a stealership!.

Yeah seriously
My local parts dept didn't know what HFP was
Nor that there is a difference between the 02-03 headlight assemblies and the 04-05.

02ssmEP3
04-10-2011, 08:22 PM
wow haha i feel like we should have a dedicated ep parts dept section of this thread....hahahb