PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail

Tortoise
04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm looking to do a fuel rail on my k24a1 and im thinking about going with the hybrid racing one since im ordering a tensioner from them too. My question is they offer an option for an HR push-on fuel fitting which is for an rsx or 06+ civic si. Will i need this fitting since im running an rbc? and my one buddy is tellin me its gonna be a pain in the ass because of where my throttle cable runs. Will i be able to use this rail and do i need this fitting?

Tortoise
04-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Bumpppp

04sidriver
04-04-2011, 11:04 AM
this is the one i got for my car...

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4327&idcategory=458

Tortoise
04-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Will that golden eagle work on an a1 with an rbc with no additional fittings and stock fuel line?

04sidriver
04-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Will that golden eagle work on an a1 with an rbc with no additional fittings and stock fuel line?

I have the s2 manifold on my car and it works with the stock fuel line. It comes with a connector to work with the stock fuel line.

Tortoise
04-05-2011, 12:20 AM
I wonder if the golden eagle will fit an rbc on a k24a1. I dont wanna order it
And it not fit!

04sidriver
04-05-2011, 04:53 AM
the one i ordered is for all k-series. call them to make sure it wil fit

bchaney
04-05-2011, 05:05 AM
I don't think the fuel line fitting has anything to do with what IM you're running. If you are using your stock ep3 fuel lines I would think you should get whatever fitting is necessary for an ep3.

The only concern between an IM and a fuel rail would be the mounting hole locations and I believe HR says their fuel rail will mount to an RBC.

Like 04si said, it's best to just call HR and confirm.

talonXracer
04-05-2011, 06:01 AM
As mentioned above the fuel rails are not intake manifold orientated, the mani's could care less....

There is an issue with most fuel rails and the RBC mani. This is a honda caused issue though. The studs on the RBC mani for the fuelrail have ever so slightly different spacing. This still works with a stock rail because it has larger holes in a thin steel flange for the studs, while most aftermarket rails have a more precise machining that requires the spacing to be opened up to fit the variance of thee RBC studs. HR has rectified this issue.

Unless you are pushing well over 300whp the aftermarket fuel rail will provide no gains and is entirely a bling option.

DO NOT FORGET to install a fuel pulse damper.

Tortoise
04-05-2011, 09:09 AM
As mentioned above the fuel rails are not intake manifold orientated, the mani's could care less....

There is an issue with most fuel rails and the RBC mani. This is a honda caused issue though. The studs on the RBC mani for the fuelrail have ever so slightly different spacing. This still works with a stock rail because it has larger holes in a thin steel flange for the studs, while most aftermarket rails have a more precise machining that requires the spacing to be opened up to fit the variance of thee RBC studs. HR has rectified this issue.

Unless you are pushing well over 300whp the aftermarket fuel rail will provide no gains and is entirely a bling option.

DO NOT FORGET to install a fuel pulse damper.

So if im runnin an rbc i should get the hr rail? And what is a fuel pulse dampener..?

RHCP0801
04-05-2011, 09:58 AM
golden eagle rail will only work on the k20a2 intake mani, i got the hr rail and push on fitting and it connects perfectly to the stock fuel line

i dont have a fuel pulse damper on mine and never see one installed with an hr rail, i have had no problems so nothing bad will happen if you dont

04sidriver
04-05-2011, 10:04 AM
i have the golden eagle on my s2 manifold..it connected to the stock fuel line with no problems

RHCP0801
04-05-2011, 10:06 AM
i tried installing one on the rbb and it didnt fit, i called golden eagle and they say it only fits the k20a2

Tortoise
04-05-2011, 11:12 AM
i tried installing one on the rbb and it didnt fit, i called golden eagle and they say it only fits the k20a2

Ok cool ill grab the hybrid racing one then. What is this pulse dampener thing?

RHCP0801
04-05-2011, 06:29 PM
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=326505