PDA

View Full Version : Best Racing/Street Seats for the $$$?

sleepy ep3
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Looking to get seats after my brake upgrade. Have been looking into Veilside seats, as they run about $850 each for the carbon-backed version. Any opinions on what's the best reputable seat for the money? I thought about Brides, but I can't see spending what they want for that.

PatrickJamesYu
04-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I see a lot of guys at the track running BuddyClub seats.
They're pretty affordable too compared to their competitors of the same class.

Type_R_Nammer
04-04-2011, 09:58 PM
I see a lot of guys at the track running BuddyClub seats.
They're pretty affordable too compared to their competitors of the same class.

+1, buddy club seats start at about 400 bucks per seat

AKEP
04-04-2011, 10:52 PM
straight track car or just daily seats?

Bobby
04-04-2011, 10:57 PM
I have replica Brides. so far they have held up for DD. I'd go with Buddy Club, legit seat and cheap.

sleepy ep3
04-05-2011, 04:21 AM
I have replica Brides. so far they have held up for DD. I'd go with Buddy Club, legit seat and cheap.

From what I have seen, the Buddy Club seats dont recline. That is a big deal to me, they have to recline, as this is still a street car, barely

talonXracer
04-05-2011, 06:23 AM
The need for a recline option really narrows the field, Bride

Be carefull the seat market is absolutely full of scam artists with very hard to visually recognize knockoffs. But once you get the seats the low grade construction is apparant.

sleepy ep3
04-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Well I've narrowed it down to 3. I looked on Andy's auto sport, and I have chosen the black recaros, (the black version of the red type r seats@$1600 for both, the bride gradients, at 1700 for both, or the carbon backed veilside seats, at $1700 for both. All look like good choices. I would assume that Evasive motorsports and Andy's auto sports are reputable companies to buy from. The brides look the best, the veilsides have removable lumbar support, and the Recaros will be the best quality and an improvement from the factory seats. Any opinions?

ep3jd
04-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Bump for an answer

Does anyone know anything about the tenzo seats ssusa and many other places carry? They're really quite cheap

RedSiBaron
04-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Why does everyone buy from tuner brands? Did you check out jegs or summit?

Personally i think fixed backs are just as comfortable if not more...buy a kirkey seat instead of some carbon fiber deal that isn't even fia approved...

makavelibranded
04-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Bump for an answer

Does anyone know anything about the tenzo seats ssusa and many other places carry? They're really quite cheap

Those are basicly ebay seats, low quality and probable wont hold up in a crash,.. I was eyeing thoses a few years ago before I bought my buddy club.

ep3jd
04-05-2011, 08:33 AM
:mcry:

PatrickJamesYu
04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
:mcry:

Yeah I think they're made by f1spec
which makes all the replica seats in that $100-300 range

02TWSI
04-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I love buddyclubs, for the price you're paying why dont you just pick up Distance's EP3R seats.

ep3jd
04-05-2011, 02:23 PM
What about the nrg innovations recaro replicas?

RedSiBaron
04-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Awful and uncomfortable seats, do not buy

Twisted-X
04-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Corbeau's? (http://www.lmperformance.com/733/20.html)
Only problem is you have to buy them in pairs...so $640.

Distance
04-05-2011, 03:19 PM

worst seats ever.

ep3jd
04-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Last time I saw them they didn't seem that bad. Oh well

Distance
04-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Last time I saw them they didn't seem that bad. Oh well

they look great but once you sit in them they feel super flimsy. feels like it was made out of crackers or some crap.

DRP967
04-05-2011, 04:50 PM

http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/lg_images/NRG_Type-R_Cloth_Sport_Seat_Red_with_Black_Stitching_.jpg

They look good but the quality is pretty crappy. My friend had a pair in his DC5 and when you sit in em they feel "collapsed" for lack of a better description. As if the padding/bolstering is mushy. Id rather just save up the money to get authentic Recaro seats, its worth it.

sleepy ep3
04-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Why does everyone buy from tuner brands? Did you check out jegs or summit?

Personally i think fixed backs are just as comfortable if not more...buy a kirkey seat instead of some carbon fiber deal that isn't even fia approved...

I love buddyclubs, for the price you're paying why dont you just pick up Distance's EP3R seats.

I think the brides or Recaros are the way to go. The factory seats are Recaros, and try do a good job, and are comfortable as hell. But for me, they don't offer enough side bolster and leg support.
I try to stay away from jegs and summit. They don't support the tuner scene enough for me to give them my money, plus their import selection really sucks.
I looked at the corboueoeuses, coubue, blah however you spell it and they look good, but I was thinking I want to stay either with a reputable Japanese company or a known high end seat, which is also the oem brand. I thought about sparcos, but everytime I see that logo I think of fast and furious. That movie ruined sparco for me.

Cheep3
04-05-2011, 11:26 PM

Corbeaus are the Old - Old School choice. They were THE seat for british sports cars. Kinda seems appropriate for the ep3 but you don't see them used by tuners very often.

RedSiBaron
04-06-2011, 02:56 AM
I think the brides or Recaros are the way to go. The factory seats are Recaros, and try do a good job, and are comfortable as hell. But for me, they don't offer enough side bolster and leg support.
I try to stay away from jegs and summit. They don't support the tuner scene enough for me to give them my money, plus their import selection really sucks.
I looked at the corboueoeuses, coubue, blah however you spell it and they look good, but I was thinking I want to stay either with a reputable Japanese company or a known high end seat, which is also the oem brand. I thought about sparcos, but everytime I see that logo I think of fast and furious. That movie ruined sparco for me.

Support the tuner scene? That's a good one, you mean you'd rather throw your money at overpriced crap because people will be all over it? Because that's all the tuner scene is. the quality of parts that are built by the "tuner" companies is pathetic and its all over priced. I suggest jegs and summit, and similiar sites because they support what we like to refer to as the racing scene, look past the predominance of american car specific parts and start looking at universal parts and that's where the trick stuff is at. there's a lot of it...ask me why id spend $1000 on some carbon bucket that isn't fia approved when I can buy an aluminum kirkey for less than half that and is built to take a 200mph impact.

Ill leave it at that, good luck finding your seats.

sleepy ep3
04-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Support the tuner scene? That's a good one, you mean you'd rather throw your money at overpriced crap because people will be all over it? Because that's all the tuner scene is. the quality of parts that are built by the "tuner" companies is pathetic and its all over priced. I suggest jegs and summit, and similiar sites because they support what we like to refer to as the racing scene, look past the predominance of american car specific parts and start looking at universal parts and that's where the trick stuff is at. there's a lot of it...ask me why id spend $1000 on some carbon bucket that isn't fia approved when I can buy an aluminum kirkey for less than half that and is built to take a 200mph impact.

Ill leave it at that, good luck finding your seats.
It would be kind of rough trying to daily a alum kirkey. This is still going to be a car I drive quite a lot, so I need something thats comfortable and nice. I'm a thin guy so the bolsters don't bother me. I am wanting something that has more lumbar, and side support. Plus, as it sits right now, I have racing belts that are going through the one hole in the back of the ep3 oem recaros, and everytime I look at it, it pisses me off. Still up in the air about Recaros or Bride. Its about a $100-130 difference between the two for both seats. I would appreciate it if hatchers' would post pictures to help me decide.

BTW if you hit something at 200mph, seats aren't saving you at all.

fEPst3r
04-08-2011, 09:12 PM
brides

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189869_10150112636183526_535348525_6538339_551040_ n.jpg

then recaros

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/199894_10150111054268526_535348525_6527194_1620525 _n.jpg

RedSiBaron
04-08-2011, 10:54 PM
It would be kind of rough trying to daily a alum kirkey. This is still going to be a car I drive quite a lot, so I need something thats comfortable and nice. I'm a thin guy so the bolsters don't bother me. I am wanting something that has more lumbar, and side support. Plus, as it sits right now, I have racing belts that are going through the one hole in the back of the ep3 oem recaros, and everytime I look at it, it pisses me off. Still up in the air about Recaros or Bride. Its about a $100-130 difference between the two for both seats. I would appreciate it if hatchers' would post pictures to help me decide.

BTW if you hit something at 200mph, seats aren't saving you at all.

have you ever sat in a kirkey? they have more padding than a lot of buckets and more exactly where you want it is easily added...whats the difference hard is hard, who cares if its made of glass, carbon, kevlar, or aluminum...and i know multiple people that daily kirkeys quite comfortably.

For the record, yes a seat will save you at 200mph, do some research. thats not to say the seat wouldn't also have other safety measures helping it save your life, but a cheap seat WILL kill you. equipment in a car that is a huge part of safety such as belts, seats, steering wheel, bumpers (rebars), door internals, airbags, etc all have a lot more R&D into them than a lot of the crap people replace them with, and the only way ill replace ANY of it is with a structural engineers approval or FIA approval on the item, then and only then will i know its as safe as or safer than the item i pulled out.

thats all i have to say about this subject in this thread, good luck with your seat search.

Kerby
04-09-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm surpised nobody has mentioned RSX seats. Leather or cloth take your pic. Both can he had for less that 400 for the pair. The money you save can be used for reupholster to whatever fabric you want.

You won't have to disable the SRS or the seatbelt idiot light. Plus the bigger size hole on the top is ideal for those 4 point harnesses.

Oh, one other thing. Do your research on the width of those seats. i don't know if your a slim guy or fluffy like me... but I think Recaros support upto a 34 or 36 waist.

02TWSI
04-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Are RSX Base seats supportive of a 34/36 waist more so than stock? I'm tall too so i'd pair with a custom rail for low seat

Kerby
04-11-2011, 05:58 AM
3 years ago I was chubby little bastard and had a 38waist. I had no problem.
Now I'm more like a 35... But I find that the RSX seats are wider than the EP3 seats.