PDA

View Full Version : Front Camber Kit?

HKS225
04-05-2011, 10:30 AM
I was trying to find out if the front camber kit for an ep3 really works. It says its adjustable from -4 to +4. To me it just looks like 2 bolts and dont think it will give me that much adjustment. Does anyone have any experience with one?

PatrickJamesYu
04-05-2011, 10:41 AM
If youre talking about camber bolts
A single bolt won't give you -4 degrees.
But 2 might.
Most of them I think are rated for only -1 to -1.5 degrees.
I have 2 on each side, and they're maxed
I haven't gotten a professional alignment so I don't know what the degree spec is right now.

But anyways, camber bolts do work

27rocks
04-05-2011, 11:19 AM
If youre talking about camber bolts
A single bolt won't give you -4 degrees.
But 2 might.
Most of them I think are rated for only -1 to -1.5 degrees.
I have 2 on each side, and they're maxed
I haven't gotten a professional alignment so I don't know what the degree spec is right now.

But anyways, camber bolts do workWhat???!!! :meek: Dude you better go get it done. Once you mess with the bolts your toe gets messed up too especially after you install camber bolts and 2 at that.

OP: you will only get maybe close to -1 +1 at most out of the bolts. And using 2 gives you a little more but i wouldn't run two on each side. I would however suggest6 you buy some camber plates instead and use those. The camber bolt should only be a last resort if you need more camber or only looking for like -1 but even that is pretty much worthless if you're looking to get some good handling out of the car. You will need at least 2.5 or more up front to get good bite out of the front end.

HKS225
04-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks for confirming what I already thought. I didnt think they would give me that much adjustment. All I have seen have been the bolts. Do you know of a good set of the camber plates and where I might find them?

27rocks
04-05-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm running some E-bay ones myself... yes i said e-bay lol. They are actually a better quality then my original Megan ones that came with the coilovers. I'm pretty sure those will fit. What are your suspension specs at the moment?

HKS225
04-06-2011, 06:08 AM
I recently replaced my tokico struts with progress springs with a set of raceland coilovers. Not exactly sure of how far im actually dropped, but if I had to guess prob about 3in.