PDA

View Full Version : Water/Meth guys... question for ya.

skoolnu
04-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Alright... Time to water/meth this bitch. I picked up a kit from AEM. Got a good deal on it, so thats why I picked it, and the fact AEM is a huge company that doesn't make crap. Anyway, are you guys running it thru kpro? because this kit came with some boost controller, which I doubt ill use. Kpro seems to offer a much better way of running the system. And I have a 1gal. res, how long should I expect this to last before I would have to refill it?

05 hatch
04-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Let me know how it goes, that's the kit I'm going to get. I heard it should last about a month with that size tank, depending on driving of course.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

04EP3Hatch
04-09-2011, 09:34 AM
i have mine controlled through the nitrous tab in kpro and my tuner loved it, its very simple and the fact that it is 100% flow from low rpm to high rpm's really helps keep the IAT's low, here ill find the write up on clubrsx for you:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=549019

neoamd
04-15-2011, 10:34 PM
i have mine controlled through the nitrous tab in kpro and my tuner loved it, its very simple and the fact that it is 100% flow from low rpm to high rpm's really helps keep the IAT's low, here ill find the write up on clubrsx for you:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=549019

Quoted for truth.

fEPst3r
04-15-2011, 10:48 PM
will this benefit n/a guys?

neoamd
04-15-2011, 11:03 PM
will this benefit n/a guys?

Not really. Nitrous is what your looking for.

05 hatch
04-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Alright... Time to water/meth this bitch. I picked up a kit from AEM. Got a good deal on it, so thats why I picked it, and the fact AEM is a huge company that doesn't make crap. Anyway, are you guys running it thru kpro? because this kit came with some boost controller, which I doubt ill use. Kpro seems to offer a much better way of running the system. And I have a 1gal. res, how long should I expect this to last before I would have to refill it?

Any updates? I wanna know how everything worked out.

talonXracer
04-28-2011, 07:07 AM
and the fact AEM is a huge company that doesn't make crap.

Serious?

They had a few decent things, but like any company that has grown in a big way, they lost their way where quality is concerned because their focus went from high quality to high profit.

Meth and water work very well to enhance the boost. The military used it with great success when supercharging aircraft. The Germans incorporated it into their engine designs right from the get-go. People I know that use a water/meth mixture also add a touch of oil(not sure what kind, but it is not engine oil) that acts as a corrosion inhibitor.

05 hatch
06-19-2011, 06:16 AM
Did you ever hook your water/meth kit up?

skoolnu
06-19-2011, 07:21 AM
I have it hooked up, but still need the car tuned.

05 hatch
06-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Cool. Do you know what you hooked the power wires for the pump, led light, and regulator box to?

skoolnu
06-20-2011, 04:03 AM
I didnt use the regulator box. I hooked it up through Kpro.

AttarixEp
07-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Using Labonte kit with boost activated controller. Has start and max PSI settings. Adj fuel maps under boost through Kpro. Box has built in injection map through each PSI to keep IAT's low and consistant through all boost.