PDA

View Full Version : Changing springs ? HELP HELP HELP QUICKLY

McTaggart34
04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm rocking skunk 2 springs and need to change back to my stock springs. how can i do it with out a compressor thingy ? ... PIC are helpful thanks ladies

Has any only ever try the Uhaul car dolly with our cars ?!?!?

MugenReplica
04-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Go to Advance Auto, tell them you would like to rent a spring compressor. Then use it. I've also taken apart about a half dozen Ep3 and RSX suspension assemblies. I have never had an issue with a spring popping out of control when using a small narrow C-clamp to compress a couple coils of the spring as well.

Guardian
04-05-2011, 04:29 PM
i use body weight to hold the top hat down, or put it back together.

McTaggart34
04-06-2011, 01:44 AM
If i have the car on jack stands could i just compress the hole thing with a jack. the undo the top center bolt, then slow let it down?

Or would the just cause krazyness

Drew1d
04-06-2011, 05:02 AM
If i have the car on jack stands could i just compress the hole thing with a jack. the undo the top center bolt, then slow let it down?

Or would the just cause krazyness
As long as you don't lift the car off the stands when you do it.

ep3jd
04-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Do NOT do that. I have seen springs shoot 20 feet in the air. That would easily rip through your fender and probably seriously injure you. Granted aftermarket springs are generally under less compression but still, how do you expect to get the oem ones back in?

I used exhaust clamps. Stuck them in and tightened each side until it pulled the coils together.

Even that I do not recommend. Go rent a compressor for 20 bucks.

McTaggart34
04-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I wont try that then lol :) ... I have another route i think i am going to go with if i can fined it out what i need to. I need the numbers for the rear of my Buddy Club N+ coils.
as i was told from Albert @ BC he said the rear is 150mm stock. decrease that number by 10mm each time you will get 1 inch of drop more.

I want stock high right now so i set the rear to 150mm not include the locking perch. this didnt work the spring was slopie..

If some one could help me with this. <I have already searched didn't help, i got these two http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=360215 , http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43397-Buddyclub-N-Preset-Information>

McTaggart34
04-06-2011, 12:06 PM
^ ^ ^ ^*¬øø˚*å†*∑˙å†*ˆ*çå˜*∂ø*˙å˙å˙å˙å˙å˙å˙

yyi
04-06-2011, 12:37 PM
i use body weight to hold the top hat down, or put it back together.

And here I am, thinking I was the only one doing this :shrug:

boricua4life
04-06-2011, 02:32 PM
And here I am, thinking I was the only one doing this :shrug:

haha lol ive done this also n i was scared but when i did it, it didnt even fly off like people say. but i would still use precautions since it varies per car.
And to OP like stated below auto zone loans the tool for like 20 dollars n its quick n easy if you dnt feel comfortable doing it without it.

McTaggart34
04-07-2011, 11:12 AM
bumpo