PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Racing Race upgrade question

Triton88
04-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Currently I have a jackson racing supercharger street kit on my car with the power card. Im gonna upgrade to the race + K-pro. My question is 2 fold.

First the power card has wires coming out of it that have been crimped and soldered to the injector wires and a power and ground wire on the ECU harness. (this was done my an installer not me and is what the instructions say to do for the street kit). the race up grade instructions simply say remove power card, do i simply cut it out?

Second, I am planning to get a tune, and i know that is the best way to go. How ever with my growing excitement i want to buy the kit and install it as soon as possible. Is there harm in not getting it tuned right away. Hondata says the K-pro comes with base maps for the K20a3, does this include a supercharger base map?

thanks

skoolnu
04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
I would cut it out, and redo the connections so they are safe and secure.

tune it before fun, its only a base map... the k20a3 JRSC 4" base map on my setup ran like ass.

MugenReplica
04-05-2011, 03:38 PM
3) Sell powercard & 4.4" pulley to somebody else on here.

willy_akino
06-16-2011, 11:09 PM
make sure u tune trust me my car ran like shit and had alot of knock when i was running a base map with a 3.8 pulley

BlownSi05
06-17-2011, 07:46 AM
There is a baseline 4" pulley race kit tune that comes with the KManager software. This is fine to drive on for the 4" pulley, but runs pig rich, which is safe in this case. I picked up 40whp and just about as much wtq from the base .kal after being tuned. Plus my gas mileage was better than it was stock, as long as you don't beat on it from every light...lol.