PDA

View Full Version : EP, fast foe or slow blow?

rice_eater GT
12-24-2002, 12:11 AM
I have just recently joined the forum and I was reading a lot of the posts. I even went into the mods sections too and it's funny to me how fast a lot these people think their SI's are. I read a bunch of the posts and at the bottom for their signature it says CAI and midpipe but they're running mid 15's.
Please gimme a break guys, I have an EP too but I don't go around saying my car beats a 2001 V6 Maxima. The funniest thing I read was about a guy who ran a 16.1 on a stock SI 5 days after learning how to drive a stick-shift.
The point I'm trying to make is, put all the BS aside, the people who are putting up these posts are only giving the rest of us a good laugh.
-FACT: a stock or even a very mildly moded EP is not faster than a '85 300ZX.
-FACT: a stock EP will not beat a stock SVT focus(i know, i used to work for Ford and i drove the SVT Focus).
-FACT: no matter how hard you concentrate on a good take-off, that Mustang GT sitting next to you at the light will see you in his rear-view mirror in about 2.5 seconds.

**I hope no one takes this to the heart, but think a little before putting up a bogus post. **

redronin22
12-24-2002, 12:19 AM
an 85 circa nissan in bad condition non turbo would lose.
a svt is like .2 sec faster. its a drivers race.
maybe the maxi wasnt racing.
i raced a 94-95 mustang v8 and i beat him till 60. maybe it was an auto or in bad shape but i beat him to the next light.
i know my car is slow. perhaps after chip i/h/e it will be midly quick but by no means fast.

i consider a 13 sec car quick/fast. hehe
have a nice day.

LordKoo
12-24-2002, 12:36 AM
Fast or not, I will be the judge of that. So, what the Mustpank, Foshit can out run my EP. The bottomline is, who has the balls to go the fastest, and able to control their cars at that speed.

When I all out to accelerate, I FUCKING GO! I don't give a darn if NSX, Ferrari whatsoever tried to out run me, so long they are not travelling as fast as I am, and move way for my EP if not so help them God.

rice_eater GT
12-24-2002, 12:39 AM
You're right about the Maxima, it was probably an old lady trying to get around the guy and it was mistaken for a challenge.
The Stang V8 you raced probably was an automatic with only 7 cyclinders functioning(j/k) but I'm curious about happened after you passed 60mph ?!?! ;) A huge gust of wind, a blur and next thing you know the Stang was in front of you waving goodbye.
Don't underestimate the 5.0 engines that were packed in those 94-95 Stangs. Ford knows how to make their cars go fast in a straight line.

rice_eater GT
12-24-2002, 12:49 AM
Well, LordKoo, you atleast got one thing correct.
I am saying that a Ford Mustang GT, with it's 260 horsepower and 305 torque and let's not forget to mention that it runs a 13.8 in stock trim, will whoop on 99% of EPs out there.
I'm wasn't trying to start a post where everyone tries to win an argument about which car is faster, I was saying bogus claims are too abundent. :D

Az02Si
12-24-2002, 01:00 AM
302 lbs/ft sucker,get it right ;) A mustang,even the slower 95-98 ones,will KILL an EP in a straight line.I try to avopid even the 99-00 v6 stangs,since they are capable of lower 15s,and i know where i am in the foodchain(high 15s)

rice_eater GT
12-24-2002, 01:28 AM
Actually you're more in the in the low 16's.

IceD out N CALI
12-24-2002, 01:40 AM
no need to worry the ep is not fast, but isnt a slow poke either. sure the svt wins in the quarter mile but by half a second tops? in the big scheme of things its chump change nothing to brag about.

iR-VTEC2
12-24-2002, 03:51 AM
of course mister rice eater (do you eat raw fish too?) has been at every race on every road and every drag strip there is.

It is so typical of an uncle bens to think they know it all. Why don't you get into your civic DX....make like a tree...and get the hell outta here

hehe.

iR-VTEC2
12-24-2002, 03:51 AM
hey iced out. PW'in to represent to the fullest?

2k2SiAutoXer
12-24-2002, 05:39 AM
just because you cant hit high 15's in your stock EP does not mean no one else can. All tracks are different, some are faster than others, and some drivers are more shitty than others. Where is your extensive research on these cars? OOOH thats right, you can tell a couple of tents of a second difference in 0-60 times with you butt dyno from working at a ford dealership.
--Tom

2k2SiAutoXer
12-24-2002, 05:43 AM
and another thing, riceeater, these people with the kill lists are not saying they can beat every v-6 maxima or every 300z, they were just faster than that perticular car at that time. Damn it must suck to have to call everyone else BS. I just wish I knew everything about cars like out friend pillow biter...er..i mean rice eater.

--Tom

nx2kta
12-24-2002, 06:30 AM
our EP is slow as hell
it got 2 be the slowest car i had ever owned
i don''t know what i was thinking when i bought the car
i think i was on drug or drunk at the time
i'm going 2 trade it in after the new year:mad:

redronin22
12-24-2002, 08:04 AM
The ep isnt as slow as you are since YOU DID TEST DRIVE BEFORE YOU BOUGHT IT right? How ignorant are you to buy a car. What did you think that after 5k at the first service HONDA would through in a turbo just for you? come on man its an ECON car what do u expect? Honda doesnt make many fast cars s2000 accord v6 3.5 thats the only low 14 sec high 13 cars they make.

Hoss
12-24-2002, 08:14 AM
all i ask is that this not become like the circlejerk flame was that was clubsi vs. ls1 vs. all the mustang pages.

people are always going to be proud of their car, and that will naturally make some get to confident and overstate its abilities. i'm sure this is even more likely to happen on a site dedicated to a single model.

i had alot of people share your sentiments about my eclipse, it will never touch my mustang so on so forth. it ran deep 11's and was just as fast on the street as at the track. handily crushing numerous V8's over and over and over did nothing to stop the mouths of the drivers.

nonetheless, my eclipse gsx is up for sale, and the EP is my next purchase, its hard to match the proven honda engineering, quality, and simplicity that they build into their vehicles. I also see the EP as a car that, while in stock form may not wow the guy next to you at a stoplight, has as much, or more potential than about any FWD 4 cylinder out there. Straightline fast gets old, i can see your point about getting tired of people bench racing their 15 and 16 second cars, but there's no reason to rain negativity on this entire site. I post about everywhere and i've got to say the people here are among the most informative and kind to converse with, for the most part they even try to have some patience with the newcomers to the site. find that somewhere else.

and if you want overstated claims and outright bullshit, here's some sights for you.

www.corral.net
www.ls1.com
www.ls6.com

brett

ssvr6
12-24-2002, 09:34 AM
I'm asking now and only once.

Keep this discussion civilized!

I'll lock it down faster than Trippz can get disowned!
:D

j/k

Steve

02blksi
12-24-2002, 10:30 AM
steve ban this FOOL!!!!!

his post is complete bullshit, he comes to an SI board and posts how shitty the car is and how it cant beat this blah blah, v8 this blah blah, firing on 7 cylinders blah blah, prolly not racing blah blah, i have no life and a mullet yada yada..

I smell a troll, keep an eye on this one, he may turn lively.

-- as always --Joe :) keeper of good posts.

grooveline
12-24-2002, 12:22 PM
fuck you and your mustang. your mustang is nothing more than a peice of shit rolling on a chassis from the 1970's. your GT has crappy plastics, build quality, etc.....

and another thing... go fuck yourself.

PoRT
12-24-2002, 12:35 PM
hey now, i had a 95 stang that was far from a piece of shit.. i resent that ;)

rice_eater GT
12-24-2002, 12:53 PM
First off, I wanna clear a few things up. All I did was voice my opinion about a few things I had read on here so don't start bashing down on me for trying to keep it real.
For the few individuals that decided to bash on me senselessly, take a lesson from Hoss.
Second, yes I used to work for Ford where I had an opportunity to play around with a wide range of cars such as turbo VWs, supercharged Fords, moded Toyotas, and even a few Nissans here and there.
To take it a step further I do own a mildly moded Mustang GT, along with an EG that's been occupying my driveway for the past year and a half and my new EP.
I go heads up with people now and again on the streets. I haven't had anyone gimme a descent run for my money in a long time. The biggest reality check I got was when I went heads up with a '95 Accord on the bottle on the freeway. I gave him his props cuz he managed to keep up with me for a little while(I think I finally passed him up at around 105-110mph) and I will continue to give credit where credit is due.
You guys want to prove me wrong, come at me with real numbers, real claims, and DO NOT bash on me or anyone else for simply stating our opinions. You guys want to prove me wrong, prove me wrong and I will have enough respect for you to admit I was wrong indeed.

MODERATOR: I'm trying to keep this as clean as possible. I haven't bashed on anyone, but keep an eye out for the people who are and please don't shut any of these threads down.

iR-VTEC2
12-24-2002, 01:01 PM
but what is the point?

HAH i love that moviehttp://www.maui.net/~bubba1/images/miltonpost.jpg

rice_eater GT
12-24-2002, 01:09 PM
That's just it, the post had no point to begin with.
Everyone over reacted, took their heads out of the ground and said "hey, that guys talking about my car. Let me talk some crap to him and then stick my head back in that hole again."

grooveline
12-24-2002, 03:06 PM
ok, I take back the whole"fuck you" thing.

but I still say your mustang is a turd on a 1970's chassis. so there

side note; everyone, our Si's weight a bit more due to the use of high tenile strength steel.

ssvr6
12-24-2002, 03:10 PM
Since you said it yourself... "My post has no point", then there's no point in keeping it open.

Locked.

Steve