PDA

View Full Version : Blinking engine light

JP81
04-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Good evening,

I've looked through the manual and I haven't been able to find any error codes. The engine light blinks 10 times before I start the engine. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the car, but all I know is that the battery is due. Anyone know the engine codes for 10 blinks?

thanks!

RHCP0801
04-06-2011, 05:16 PM
are you sure your not thinking of the maintenance required light?

hondero69
04-07-2011, 10:57 AM
I understand that happens every 6 months on our EP .. just make sure you have a day basics such as motor oil, transmission, etc etc. .. will turn 10 times then you will see that will stay on, you can remove by pressing the button on the left side of the cluster by 10 seconds at the same time that you switch to on and then release it

HondaFreak
04-07-2011, 12:57 PM
You may have multiple error codes. When you have more than 1 code the light will blink 5 times or more. If the reset doesn't work you need to have the codes read and reset. Hold the trip reset down for 5-10 seconds. If that don't work you have multiple trouble codes.

Christian

JP81
04-10-2011, 08:41 AM
I've changed the battery a few days ago and the CEL was cleared at one point because it didnt flash immediately after. I've got an EP3 as well, so the left dial in the cluster doesnt press down, but turns like a dial. I've pressed down the trip counter on the right for over 10sec and nothing happens. I press on the trip counter when the key is in the acc. position which is when the dash lights appear. If it flashes 10 times, could it be the AIT sensor? I've got the K&N air intake, so maybe the sensor is sending some mixed signals. Yours thoughts.

HondaFreak
04-10-2011, 08:49 AM
If you disconnect the battery for 1 minute. It will clear the code. If it returns you need to have the codes read by a OBDII scanner. Multiple error codes show up as 5 or more blinks. Nobody can guess correctly what those blinks are for. Sorry.

Christian