PDA

View Full Version : neuspeed f strut tower bar...install?

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-08-2011, 12:23 AM
i cannot fkn install this strut bar...its half on

i looked at this

http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=749822

i got the passenger side on perfect

now the drivers side
i cant get on without the passenger side coming off

:mad:

helppp

PatrickJamesYu
04-08-2011, 02:24 AM
The link didn't work for me
and I don't have any experience with towerbars in ep3's
but
Did you fully tighten down the passenger side, before working on the driver side?
If you did, loosen it
Enough so it's barely on there, but enough to keep it there with out coming off the 3 strut tower bolts.

This is just a normal thing about stuff in general haha.
I had this problem installing a roll bar in a ap1 s2k.
One side was bolted fully down, so we weren't able to mount the other end.

Cheep3
04-08-2011, 06:25 AM
You just have to play around with it a little... Like ^^^said, don't tighten the bolts until they're all started. I bought a piece of like 3/4" clear hose from the hardware store. I use a short piece to hold the nut. You can then lower it into the "tube" and start the nut by turning the end of the hose. That piece of hose has saved me a lot of cursing! You have to get a little agressive with the bar but you won't hurt anything.

PatrickJamesYu
04-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Yeah like cheep3 said be aggressive.
There is supposed to be constant tension when this bar is mounted

Twisted-X
04-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I read an Install for the one of the adjustable bars that stated that the front end of the car should be up in the air (on jackstands) to take the tension off the strut towers. Could be worth a last ditch try if you're still stuck.

EDIT:
Nevermind. Reading<Me
Its says to jack the car up in the link you provided...

codyep3
04-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I bought this bar, and it is sitting in my closet because it is nearly impossible to put on. The holes on the bar don't line up with the top mount nuts. Its stupid. I should take a pic of it. If I just set it on top of where it is supposed to mount, mine is like shaped incorrectly even though it is EP specific

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-08-2011, 09:26 AM
alright...so i got all the holes in and over....and now when im trying to bolt it down...i cant do it

the bolts dont want to go onto the threads....WT!!!!!!!!

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

i'd really hate to take it off and give up because i literally just need to get the bolts on!

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-08-2011, 10:00 AM
this is seriously pissing me off i went out to try again ...no luck

cody...in order to get it on you have to give it alot of elbow grease and use a hammer covered with cloth/ or a rubber mallet... to hit it in

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-08-2011, 03:15 PM
this bar is such a pita to install i wouldnt reccommend to anyone...

unless you get it used i wouldnt even bother

i think if you got it used it would fit better because it's been installed once before and it doesnt need to be flexed or anything

fitment sucks dick
but the bar once its on is good:mrolleyes:

i should add i have the black one not the polished
but i dont see how that makes a difference in fitment

codyep3
04-09-2011, 02:24 PM
this is seriously pissing me off i went out to try again ...no luck

cody...in order to get it on you have to give it alot of elbow grease and use a hammer covered with cloth/ or a rubber mallet... to hit it in

believe me, I tried that technique but it didn't work for me. Waste of 130 bucks imo. I talked to other people and Neuspeed is notorious for making products that don't fit well.

Cheep3
04-09-2011, 02:30 PM
believe me, I tried that technique but it didn't work for me. Waste of 130 bucks imo. I talked to other people and Neuspeed is notorious for making products that don't fit well.

I think it's more the fact that every car is different. If you take 2 cars side by side the strut tower bolts will easily be off by 1/16 to 1/8". The bar types with a plate on each side and a connecting bar are def. much easier to install.