PDA

View Full Version : DC5 coilovers on EP3... difference in ride height?

blackcivic11
04-08-2011, 06:56 AM
I bought some racing logic coilovers and they are DC5 application. I was wondering if i will get less of a drop since they're for the DC5 or will it be the same?

as in if i was to set the ride height on an EP3 with the DC5r hub/brake swap and put it onto my stock ep3 set at the same height, would i be at the same ride height as the one with the DC5r swap?

this might be confusing if so tell me ill try and elaborate more clearly

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-08-2011, 03:32 PM
i wouldnt think itd be too much to even notice...

ep/dc pretty much weigh the same off by like 50 or so pounds

im not sure how weight distribution is maybe the front/rear weight might be different...thats something someone else on here can prolly answer

if theyre adjustable coilovers i wouldnt even worry about it. just set it at where you want and be done with it

remember whenever you mess with ride height you need an alignment...

tht1guy
04-08-2011, 03:56 PM
that's funny i was wondering the same thing because i need rear coilovers and a buddy has type s ones

blackcivic11
04-09-2011, 09:58 AM
i just want to make sure cause i plan on going low and i don't want to be disspointed if i put it to the lpwest setting and its not what i want... and for the alignment no worries i know lol

blackcivic11
04-14-2011, 08:17 AM
anyone know?

27rocks
04-14-2011, 09:36 AM
It should be very close to the same if not the same. The DC and Ep suspension is pretty much completely identical as far as height wise. You have to remember though that the front requires a RSX specific tie rod end and the rear bottom part needs to be shaved a little to be able to fit in the trailing arm.

blackcivic11
04-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Yes i am aware! thank you so i will be getting them in the dc5 applicartion then! thanks!