PDA

View Full Version : Where is the a/c drain line located? Any pointers for cleaning our the a/c system?

88crx
04-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Where is the a/c drain line located? Any pointers for cleaning our the a/c system?

Kerby
04-10-2011, 07:15 AM
just cut the line and let it vent to the atmosphere.......

your going to need to take it to an a/c automotive technician. For the amount of refrigerant your putting in there, the tech will have the license needed to buy it. The refrigerant will be needed to be evacuated to a tank. He's gonna have all the hoses and the tank to do it. After, he's going to have to attach a air pump to create a vaccuum inside the a/c system to remove any air in the lines. Then he's going to put in new refrigerant.

88crx
04-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Sorry, I explained that bad. I need the condenser drain cleaned out. The vents abd car are really musty smelling and I'm sure it coming from the vents and ac system.

Jukka
04-10-2011, 08:03 PM
you checked your cabin filters?? Usually refirgerant wont cause a smell, the heater core might, but most likely the smell is gonna be coming from the cabin filters. If its gettin a kind of moldy smell, maybe check to see that your heatercore isn't leaking.

RHCP0801
04-10-2011, 08:08 PM
yea refrigerant wont cause a bad smell, change your cabin air filters

Kerby
04-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I was on a Silverado forum and they stated to clean the heater core inside the cabin with a Clorox water solution spray. The wet towel smell comes from mildew buildup.

88crx
04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
you checked your cabin filters?? Usually refirgerant wont cause a smell, the heater core might, but most likely the smell is gonna be coming from the cabin filters. If its gettin a kind of moldy smell, maybe check to see that your heatercore isn't leaking.
Cabin filter it brand new.

yea refrigerant wont cause a bad smell, change your cabin air filters
It's not the refrigerant that smells it's the condenser unit that collects (and hopefully drains) our the bottom of the car somewhere.

I was on a Silverado forum and they stated to clean the heater core inside the cabin with a Clorox water solution spray. The wet towel smell comes from mildew buildup.
Yea, it's definitely a mildew smell.