PDA

View Full Version : LCA's

Allamon13
04-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Quick question about Rear LCA's. If you swap them out for an aftermarket LCA do you need to realign or no?

RedSiBaron
04-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Why on earth would you put this in the classifieds section!?

Moved to the correct section

and if I were you id get it realigned, even changing oem for oem would merit an alignment due to production tolerance variation...im sure if you didn't get an alignment you'd be ok, but its recommended

ep3hatchey
04-10-2011, 12:03 PM
dont worry about camber as much as you would toe..camber isnt a big of a deal..but yea take it and get it checked out after you do it

Lucid Moments
04-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Generally speaking any time you do any major work on your suspension you should think hard about getting it aligned.

02TWSI
04-10-2011, 12:28 PM
I don't see why you would need an alignment for rear lca....especially since they are not longer or shorter than oem. Not even close to a major suspension mod

Allamon13
04-10-2011, 03:25 PM
damn i musta been looking at the classifieds when it came across my mind my bad. And okay i got major suspension mods coming up and i wasnt sure if i should save to knock out LCA's now or i can do it after. Thanks guys for the input.

RedSiBaron
04-10-2011, 04:50 PM
damn i musta been looking at the classifieds when it came across my mind my bad. And okay i got major suspension mods coming up and i wasnt sure if i should save to knock out LCA's now or i can do it after. Thanks guys for the input.

Smoke less dope, :mbiggrin: haha

I wouldn't worry about lcas right now, its a bling item

Allamon13
04-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Smoke less dope, :mbiggrin: haha

I wouldn't worry about lcas right now, its a bling item

this is very true sir, im one of those people where id rather change everything at once though lol

RedSiBaron
04-10-2011, 10:44 PM
this is very true sir, im one of those people where id rather change everything at once though lol

i understand, but a word of caution, when you change too many things at once, and you end up having a problem, you come to find out youll be guessing at the cause of the issue because you have 5 new items that may be the cause instead of just the 1 or 2...chasing problems after installs is a nightmare and reducing the possibilities is always best in my book...though depending on what your doing LCAs may be fine, though they are not really a "well, i might as well why i am in here" item...im pretty sure i could change out my LCAs in less than 30minutes for both sides...

Allamon13
04-11-2011, 05:43 AM
I plan on installing ESMM, eibach sportlines on my tokico d-specs, ingalls front camber kit, megan rear camber kit, and probably the megan rear LCA's. Since the car is jacked up and its what 6 bolts?

RedSiBaron
04-11-2011, 08:30 AM
I plan on installing ESMM, eibach sportlines on my tokico d-specs, ingalls front camber kit, megan rear camber kit, and probably the megan rear LCA's. Since the car is jacked up and its what 6 bolts?

Cool...well, that should be ok, expect added vibrations, though don't expect esmms to last more than about a year before they need to be replaced. That's why I never bothered and went with avid racing mounts.

talonXracer
04-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't see why you would need an alignment for rear lca....especially since they are not longer or shorter than oem. Not even close to a major suspension mod

I have fondled three different sets of rear LCA's and not one set was the same length as stock, and the length differences were enough to impact the alignment, not much, but they do change things up a bit. Would I waste cash on another alignment for just swapping the rear LCAs out? Probably not, unless the ride dictates it.

Allamon13
04-11-2011, 11:30 AM
You guys are talking me out of it now :P If i plan to swap down the road its probably easier to just skip the ESMM.

RedSiBaron
04-11-2011, 01:01 PM
You guys are talking me out of it now :P If i plan to swap down the road its probably easier to just skip the ESMM.

actually, thats a better reason, dont waste money on the mounts now, especially if you goto a different setup, like a k24 instead of k20 swap...so $20 now for esmms that will last until you swap is a good move