PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for new suspension (springs + shocks)

cadebenzon
04-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Hokay, so, here is my dilemma, I have a 02' ep, with a 5 lug conversion. I bought the car this way. Some idiot put some springs on stock struts some time ago, and after one hell of a road trip to the worst roads in america, the suspension in the rear especially is making a terrrrible crunchy sound when i go over any bump, and its sagged pretty hard.

So, I undoubtedly need new suspension. And boy do I need help. I dont race, so I dont need anything too hardcore. Just a little lower than stock is all im looking for. Like a nice HFP stance.

What can you good experts direct me to? Im looking to spend not much more than something in the $500 range

cadebenzon
04-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Ok, so this doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere. Can anyone just tell me if I there is a difference in parts between 5-lug vs 4-lug? I'm going to just call around and see if I can find hfp defile somewhere...

RedSiBaron
04-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Nope, no difference, I went from 4 lug to 5 lug 02-04 rsx type s suspension and kept my suspension...

If you want a really nice handling but comfortable street suspension that isn't too low, I run koni yellow shocks and progress racing springs...not too low, so I don't scrape and it still looks good and handles great with the type r rear sway