PDA

View Full Version : Engine feels...loose? almost?

Aliperon
04-10-2011, 10:25 PM
well when i shift from 1st to second usually it feels like the engine is moving quite a bit before the car actually does and i can feel it in the floor pretty good and steering, and also when going over little bumos in succesion it just feels loose i have no idea what it is, suspension is totally tight and bushings dont look worn, so maybe mounts? idk i wass gonna try out the ESMM. it almost like it knocks forward

RedSiBaron
04-10-2011, 10:48 PM
its definitely your engine mounts, esmm inserts wont be a good fix if youve torn them, i ended up with a torn front and drivers side on mine at about 85k...the drivers side mount is oil filled, if thats blown look for brown stains around that mount...the fronts are pretty trash solid old school style rubber...

my suggestion is check them out, if they are toast order avid racing mounts...the front is not included, but you can go ahead and either fill the toast front mount, or order another oem front one which will probably never go out after you put in the avid mounts.

Aliperon
04-10-2011, 10:58 PM
il have a look at them tomorrow i dont think they are torn but could be very worn i guess? with the car jacked up i can grab a wheel and when i rotate it clockwise or counter until it stops from being in gear the whole engine and tranny move a fair amount and if i grab the engine from the VC i can shake it forward and back a bit

cronicEP
04-14-2011, 05:38 AM
il have a look at them tomorrow i dont think they are torn but could be very worn i guess? with the car jacked up i can grab a wheel and when i rotate it clockwise or counter until it stops from being in gear the whole engine and tranny move a fair amount and if i grab the engine from the VC i can shake it forward and back a bit

sounds like the mounts are done!

.colin
04-14-2011, 05:45 AM
check your subframe. I had honda do work on my car a long time ago (replacing a motor mount) and the idiots forgot to tighten the bolts holding the subframe. When driving around the car would make really loud banging noises when shifting, accelerating, or braking.

talonXracer
04-14-2011, 05:48 AM
It really sounds like the engine mounts are ripped(front and rear for sure)

The ESmm inserts WERE DESIGNED and originally INTENDED as a REPAIR for RIPPED engine mounts ! ! !

For 28-35$ they are the best bang for the buck upgrade!!!

Jmage
04-14-2011, 04:11 PM
The ESmm inserts WERE DESIGNED and originally INTENDED as a REPAIR for RIPPED engine mounts ! ! !!

True. As stated on Energy Suspension website: "Improves and even restores broken motor mounts"

See it here:
ESMM (http://www.energysuspension.com/products/Motor-Mount-Inserts.html)

I would still get some racing mounts but ESMM are cheap and hold strong!

02TWSI
04-14-2011, 04:22 PM
have you done any hard launches?

Could be your front mount became unbolted from improper tq spec