PDA

View Full Version : Brake ducts

Reaper27
04-11-2011, 07:11 AM
I've seen these on some mugen eps and have seen a few companies that offer brake ducts for ep3 but was wondering if anyone has installed anything like this, seen and performance improvements, or if this was just a waste of time? Thanks

RedSiBaron
04-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Well people rocking mugen lips have integrated ducts, but I don't think I've seen anyone but mugen hook a cooling hose to the duct.

As for others, I don't think I've seen any eps with brake ducts. To be honest, unless you were tracking the car and noticing cooling issues, there would be no point to running them on the street. plus the other problem on the street is its not constant hard braking, so keeping enough heat in your brakes to keep them functioning is already a problem. Add effective cooling you'd probably be hurting your braking performance.

Now if you wanted to do it for looks, just don't duct them to the brakes, duct it to the intake and maybe run the other to cool the manifold or something. nothing crazy but atleast you are making them functional.

I hope that helps

Hasbro
04-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I've seen these on some mugen eps and have seen a few companies that offer brake ducts for ep3 but was wondering if anyone has installed anything like this, seen and performance improvements, or if this was just a waste of time? Thanks

I have the results somewhere but here's GRM's install. They obviously weren't concerned with aesthetics. It helped quite a bit. You don't need them except on the track.
http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/2002-Honda-civic-si/if-it-looks-like-a-duct-and-sounds-like-a-duct/

Jukka
04-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Felix *lilfix i think is his SN* had a whole brake duct thread on here before the reboot. I was gonna try doing a set using my old foglight bezels, but theres not enough clearance between the back of the foglight bezel and the lower rad support.

I donno if theres much info in here, but check it out...
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?56563-The-brake-duct-thread!&highlight=brake+duct