PDA

View Full Version : H&R or CTR? What would you choose for a DD??

Jukka
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Right now, I have H&R springs on my ep running them on KYB GR2s up front and OEM shocks in the rear. Anyways, I wanna stay with springs and shocks rather than getting coilovers. My main issue i've been finding with the H&Rs is that the car is a bit bouncy. i dont know if this is because the springs are fatigued or just are normally bouncy. Also I think I might need to replace my KYBs soon, they feel a bit soft.

While looking for some new wheels, I cam across a place locally that has OEM CTR springs and shocks for sale for a really good price.

I'm just wondering what you guys think would be a better ride? I know the CTR springs will be a bit higher than the H&Rs, but thats not neccesarily a bad thing for me. my EP is a daily driver, so I drive it EVERYWHERE.

I might also just buy the CTR springs and shocks to replace my KYBs because they are that good of a price.

27rocks
04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
The reason why your H&R's feel bouncy is because either your shocks are on their way our or more realistically is because the springs are to stiff for the shocks. When buying springs or shocks you want to match them together otherwise you either get a really bouncy car or the spring is to weak in comparison with the shocks quicker rebound.
So if i were you i would go with the CTR kit. At least the shocks and springs were designed for each other and will work well.

mitchell_ep3
04-11-2011, 02:58 PM
yeah i was swapping my tires and noticed i dont have aftermarket fronts, they are stock... my car is bouncy compared to a friends car with tokiko/eiback sports.. his is nice and stiff and solid, mine is alot bouncier, and i have stocks on the front and kyb in the rear, so i hope to have a ride similar to his, because his is so much smoother! (H&R springs, and koni yellows for the front will be here for this weekend!!! and i'm in trade school and living off of 440 dollar a week on unemployment until i get back to work, then i'll be investing in new rears.

remember... KYB is only a OEM replacement, unless you invest in the KYB AGR's, so the dampening will be that, of similar oem specs.

Jukka
04-11-2011, 03:15 PM
any one know the spring rates to compair H&R vs CTR??