PDA

View Full Version : Driver Side wheel vibration only under acceleration??

CastorTroy2
04-12-2011, 11:18 AM
so I just started getting this wheel vibration coming only from driver side, when I accelerate 2-5th gears. It does not do it when I am in 1st gear. It does not "shake/vibrate" when I am cruising at any speeds , only if I hit the pedal and accelerate.

Now background story --

Before this happened I Just did a full 05-06 type-s 5 lug swap on the car, with Brand New axles, I also swapped out the Front LCA's.

I cant think to know what the problem is..

27rocks
04-12-2011, 11:22 AM
You probably already did this, but im going to ask anyways (its standard procedure lol). Did you get an alignment? If so then it might be the axle itself. I've heard of some doing this even when they are new/rebuilt ones.

POOPTOOTH
04-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Are you running aftermarket wheels? If so do they require hub-centric rings?

27rocks
04-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Are you running aftermarket wheels? If so do they require hub-centric rings?

This is not going to cause that.. you would feel the vibration constantly if this was the case. I also hve wheels that "requre" hubcentric rings and i dont run them and never had any issues what so ever.

CastorTroy2
04-12-2011, 12:15 PM
You probably already did this, but im going to ask anyways (its standard procedure lol). Did you get an alignment? If so then it might be the axle itself. I've heard of some doing this even when they are new/rebuilt ones.

I have NOT gotten an alignment yet, I was thinking it might go for that and see if its still there. I have an appointment next week for alignment.

And Im just running Stock 02-04 RSX wheels

codyep3
04-12-2011, 12:37 PM
This is not going to cause that.. you would feel the vibration constantly if this was the case. I also hve wheels that "requre" hubcentric rings and i dont run them and never had any issues what so ever.

yea but if he was in 1st gear you aren't going fast enough to create enough force to feel the vibrations correct? I would get an alignment and go from there.

27rocks
04-12-2011, 03:40 PM
yea but if he was in 1st gear you aren't going fast enough to create enough force to feel the vibrations correct? I would get an alignment and go from there.

That is true but not entirely. I had this exact same issue when i did my swap and after getting new axles and an alignment the problem went away. That's why i asked if he got an alignment first. Also people have had issues with their axles that have also caused these same symptoms under acceleration.

I'm pretty sure his toe is completely out of spec and that's whats causing this.

PREJDMLUDE
04-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Alignment could be it are the wheels balanced or tire cupped maybe

CastorTroy2
04-13-2011, 01:01 AM
That is true but not entirely. I had this exact same issue when i did my swap and after getting new axles and an alignment the problem went away. That's why i asked if he got an alignment first. Also people have had issues with their axles that have also caused these same symptoms under acceleration.

I'm pretty sure his toe is completely out of spec and that's whats causing this.

awesome, well I hope the alignment takes it away like you experienced. Ill update tommorow with results after alignment.

27rocks
04-13-2011, 09:35 AM
awesome, well I hope the alignment takes it away like you experienced. Ill update tommorow with results after alignment.

If it still does it it's your axles for sure!

Twisted-X
04-13-2011, 03:16 PM
If it still does it it's your axles for sure!

+1
Bad axles start shaking under acceleration at first, then eventually under decel. The shaking gets worse the more torque (throttle) is applied.

PREJDMLUDE
04-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Vibration should go away with alignment only problem would be if your axels are new but used. I had a problem with yonaka axles boot tore along seam haven't had a problem with driveshaft ones.