PDA

View Full Version : Shift knob allignment

Garrett
04-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Okay so i have a new shift knob that i got, but when i screw it on all the way it is rotated 90 degrees past the normal 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc... How to i fix this? is there some diy to it or something i can do because it's really annoying hah

USAF EP3
04-13-2011, 04:25 PM
I used lots of teflon tape lol. Wrapped enough around the shifter until the knob was tight and straight.

Some aftermarket knobs come with a nut to stop the knob from doing this but in my opinion it takes away frm the clean look.

Garrett
04-13-2011, 05:17 PM
hahaha, thats a little ghetto but whatever works i guessss lol, I tried the nut they provided and its not even remotely close lol

RHCP0801
04-13-2011, 05:20 PM
should have came with a nut, where did you get it from

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-13-2011, 05:23 PM
with the nut...

you put it on the shifter all the way
then put the knob on

if it isnt aligned

loosen the knob and nut and adjust until it is aligned and tight...

i dunno if that description makes sense but thats how i did it with my skunk2 knob

i do agree that it detracts from the clean look
but id rather something that stays on for sure while im trying to shift lol

mitchlikesbikes
04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
just ball up a little piece of electrical or teflon tape and put it up in the hole on the knob. you'll have to experiment with it but it should be enough of a shim to stop the knob in the right spot

Garrett
04-13-2011, 07:14 PM
just ball up a little piece of electrical or teflon tape and put it up in the hole on the knob. you'll have to experiment with it but it should be enough of a shim to stop the knob in the right spot

Im going to try this again before the nut, because i just cant stand the look of it like that. And i feel like i might be able to make this work haha

rd02SiR
04-13-2011, 08:59 PM
when i got my Blox sperical knob it came with a nut, but i hated the look of it. So i jammed some paper in the knob and threaded it on. Once it got all the way on, it was super tight so i could "force" it to go on straight. It has worked beautifully for me, it was cheap, easy and the knob is not going anywhere.