PDA

View Full Version : Ok so my motor has finally been ordered and will be here tomorrow !!!!

i11 b3havior
04-14-2011, 07:28 AM
06 k24a2 I have the bracket, and rdx injectors on the way also. how bad will it be to run it without tuning it untill I find somebody that i want to tune my aem ems ?

RHCP0801
04-14-2011, 07:31 AM
dont you need kpro? kpro comes with a basemap for a k24a2 so you would just have to upload that file and you would be done but you dont have kpro so no idea

FoReVaPmP
04-14-2011, 07:49 AM
I would sell the AEM EMS.... and get Kpro....

What bracket are you talking about??..... and why the RDX injectors???....

ep3jd
04-14-2011, 08:18 AM
He's talking about the passer side crv motor mount bracket.

It will run with type s injectors, and no bolt ons with your ep3 ecu. Not sure why you have rdx injectors. And do not tune the car on anything but kpro. Don't even drive the car without it.

Edit: I don't even know if that works for the a2 but I know it does on an a1

i11 b3havior
04-14-2011, 08:37 AM
The rdx injectors because they flow at 410 and i work at acura so they are only $34 a peice for me and i know the motor will run lean untill it is tuned i can also get a base map for the ems for the k24a2 but it is more involved (the install and adjusting the timing) then a kpro so i would rather somebody who has done it before do it. I found a guy that swears by aem but wants $450 for the full dyno tune

ep3jd
04-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Welcome to having a car tuned..

02TWSI
04-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Get Kpro, ditch the aem.

05 hatch
04-14-2011, 10:48 AM
There's no reason to sell you aem system. Get a basemap for ur setup(that means all your bolt ons, injectors, etc..) from the tuner you want to use and upload it to your ems. My basemap cost me $40. Just don't drive it hard.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i11 b3havior
04-14-2011, 11:07 AM
who did you use ? and do you have the aem ems 1030 ?

Distance
04-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Do it right the first time and get kpro.

05 hatch
04-14-2011, 11:14 AM
who did you use ? and do you have the aem ems 1030 ?

I do have the 1030. I used bisimoto engineering. They're over here in so cal. You can get a basemap from them but obviously can't get tuned by him. You're just gonna have to do a little research to find out some reputable tuners in your area.

i11 b3havior
04-14-2011, 11:38 AM
i dont understand why everybody hates on the ems ??? everybody i talk to that really races prefer aem engine management ???

05 hatch
04-14-2011, 11:51 AM
i dont understand why everybody hates on the ems ??? everybody i talk to that really races prefer aem engine management ???

Well if you know a lot of racers then ask em where they get their cars tuned. And a lot of the ems choice is preference and tuner preference.

j0000stin
04-14-2011, 11:57 AM

because ems is more expensive, has the same features, and is harder to find a tuner. mostly every tuner will tell you to get hondata, whether its k-pro, flash-pro, s300, etc. its makes tuning more simple

japarossa
04-14-2011, 12:04 PM

There is nothing wrong with the AEM ems, I almost bought it instead of kpro since my local tuner prefers it. I think people wouldn't hate on AEM so much if it was something that was added to the stock ecu instead of using its own ecu.

05 hatch
04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
because ems is more expensive, has the same features, and is harder to find a tuner. mostly every tuner will tell you to get hondata, whether its k-pro, flash-pro, s300, etc. its makes tuning more simple

See. There you have it, tuner preference. My tuner prefers aem.

ep3jd
04-14-2011, 12:24 PM

Your motor will prefer kpro

Distance
04-14-2011, 12:53 PM

did you get a complete tune for your sc + aem? what kinda numbers did you get?

05 hatch
04-14-2011, 01:45 PM
did you get a complete tune for your sc + aem? what kinda numbers did you get?

Yes I got a complete tune. I made 209 hp.

mitchlikesbikes
04-14-2011, 02:11 PM
He's talking about the passer side crv motor mount bracket.

It will run with type s injectors, and no bolt ons with your ep3 ecu. Not sure why you have rdx injectors. And do not tune the car on anything but kpro. Don't even drive the car without it.

Edit: I don't even know if that works for the a2 but I know it does on an a1

pretty sure that setup is a no-go on a k24a2

Distance
04-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Yes I got a complete tune. I made 209 hp.

on the street or race kit?

05 hatch
04-14-2011, 03:46 PM
on the street or race kit?

On the race kit.

Distance
04-14-2011, 03:51 PM
On the race kit.

what support mods? and what kinda dyno?

05 hatch
04-14-2011, 04:02 PM
what support mods? and what kinda dyno?

Why do you wanna know so much about me? I ain't that pretty. Just come to the Riverside meet again and you can inspect it if you want.

mitchlikesbikes
04-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Why do you wanna know so much about me? I ain't that pretty. Just come to the Riverside meet again and you can inspect it if you want.

i think he's trying to guage whether or not your AEM tune is legit by seeing what kind of power you made with the same parts as someone else on Kpro.

02TWSI
04-14-2011, 05:20 PM

he wants to steal your car, clearly.

RHCP0801
04-14-2011, 05:25 PM
next question he is gonna ask is what your address is and where you park your car at night

05 hatch
04-14-2011, 05:38 PM
next question he is gonna ask is what your address is and where you park your car at night

Luckily I get to park my car in the garage. Haha. My girlfriend doesn't understand why her corolla has to stay outside. Lol. Ya I know he's trying to compare. I'm slowly learning that all dyno's read differently and get different numbers. The guy I bought my type s dcrh off of said he made like 220 whp with that header, exhaust and intake. Stock internal. I was like, WOW.

AKEP
04-14-2011, 06:17 PM
i would have sold u my 310s for 100 shipped lol. even if you were boosted the 410s wont support much boost. and $450 for a na tune? this dude is ripping you off..

thought i quoted...nvm too lazy.

Distance
04-14-2011, 06:38 PM

im trying to see whats so great about this aem crap. your like the second person i know that was raving about it. can't have a simple chat or what?

i think he's trying to guage whether or not your AEM tune is legit by seeing what kind of power you made with the same parts as someone else on Kpro.

you sir are correct.

he wants to steal your car, clearly.

no need to.

i don't need to do that.

Luckily I get to park my car in the garage. Haha. My girlfriend doesn't understand why her corolla has to stay outside. Lol. Ya I know he's trying to compare. I'm slowly learning that all dyno's read differently and get different numbers. The guy I bought my type s dcrh off of said he made like 220 whp with that header, exhaust and intake. Stock internal. I was like, WOW.

here ill tell you why i was asking all the questions. i made 236/185 with a supporting mod of fujita cai, jrrh, and apexi ws2. if the aem unit is what the last person stated and its just more paper weight then why not just get kpro. from what i noticed most of the tuners in cali uses kpro. haven't even heard of this aem stuff till like last month when some guy told me to run that over kpro.

also if it matters i got tune by shawn church in long beach including the 4 other sc guys i know in cali and they all made great numbers.

edit: since the op isnt in cali and his "tuner" prefer aem then so be it. but it seems that kpro is more of the popular choice.

edit#2: holy crap 450 for a tune?

05 hatch
04-14-2011, 07:05 PM
im trying to see whats so great about this aem crap. your like the second person i know that was raving about it. can't have a simple chat or what?

you sir are correct.

no need to.

i don't need to do that.

here ill tell you why i was asking all the questions. i made 236/185 with a supporting mod of fujita cai, jrrh, and apexi ws2. if the aem unit is what the last person stated and its just more paper weight then why not just get kpro. from what i noticed most of the tuners in cali uses kpro. haven't even heard of this aem stuff till like last month when some guy told me to run that over kpro.

also if it matters i got tune by shawn church in long beach including the 4 other sc guys i know in cali and they all made great numbers.

edit: since the op isnt in cali and his "tuner" prefer aem then so be it. but it seems that kpro is more of the popular choice.

edit#2: holy crap 450 for a tune?

Haha. That's who I was talking about was church. Supposedly you get good numbers from him. I would like to run my car on his dyno and see wat my numbers are. I wasnt raving about it aem I was just stating that you don't need to swap it for kpro. Ill give you my address if you need a shoulder to cry on too.

Distance
04-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Haha. That's who I was talking about was church. Supposedly you get good numbers from him. I would like to run my car on his dyno and see wat my numbers are. I wasnt raving about it aem I was just stating that you don't need to swap it for kpro. Ill give you my address if you need a shoulder to cry on too.

who said i was crying? your the one getting paranoid/defensive cause someone is just asking you about your set up. also its true that he doesn't need to get rid of the aem unit but after trolling google for a bit it seems like i was right. just more paper weight. oh wells.

Edit: i wasn't trying to attack you or belittle you in any way. just wanted to see what your view point was.

05 hatch
04-14-2011, 07:42 PM
who said i was crying? your the one getting paranoid/defensive cause someone is just asking you about your set up. also its true that he doesn't need to get rid of the aem unit but after trolling google for a bit it seems like i was right. just more paper weight. oh wells.

Edit: i wasn't trying to attack you or belittle you in any way. just wanted to see what your view point was.

I am running injen sri, dcrh, 3" exhaust.
How come you think its a paper weight?

i11 b3havior
04-15-2011, 04:25 AM
why wouldn't the a2 work ??? the only thing different is some of the internals ??? the reason for aem ems is i got it HELLA cheap !!!! i may not even do the injectors just yet and about the tuner i have heard nothing but great things about him and his shop, also it is going to be a complete setup and dyno tune and like i said he is very familiar and swears by the ems also comes highly recomended not only from people but a few other local shops so i dont really know if $450.00 is to much or not i never had to pay to get my last car tuned ???

RedSiBaron
04-15-2011, 04:40 AM
why wouldn't the a2 work ??? the only thing different is some of the internals ??? the reason for aem ems is i got it HELLA cheap !!!! i may not even do the injectors just yet and about the tuner i have heard nothing but great things about him and his shop, also it is going to be a complete setup and dyno tune and like i said he is very familiar and swears by the ems also comes highly recomended not only from people but a few other local shops so i dont really know if $450.00 is to much or not i never had to pay to get my last car tuned ???

I know a lot of people that swear by aem ems, I also know people who were forced to use it by their customer and were pissed. I've never spoken to anyone who has used it or tuned it on a k series

My main question is, has your tuner used the aem ems on a k series before? He might have had great success with it on other vehicles and just figures it will be the same? :shrug:

Just throwing that out there.

i11 b3havior
04-15-2011, 04:44 AM
yes, they mainly deal with hondas

05 hatch
04-15-2011, 06:12 AM
I know a lot of people that swear by aem ems, I also know people who were forced to use it by their customer and were pissed. I've never spoken to anyone who has used it or tuned it on a k series

My main question is, has your tuner used the aem ems on a k series before? He might have had great success with it on other vehicles and just figures it will be the same? :shrug:

Just throwing that out there.

How come the people were so pissed about using the aem system? I just want to know more on this topic.

RedSiBaron
04-15-2011, 06:52 AM
How come the people were so pissed about using the aem system? I just want to know more on this topic.

Nothing but issues trying to get certain builds to run right, that's all I know, sorry.

05 hatch
04-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Nothing but issues trying to get certain builds to run right, that's all I know, sorry.

O ok. Thanks

Blah1219
04-15-2011, 04:32 PM
K-Pro > AEM EMS. There's a reason why Hondata made a reprogrammable ecu by using the stock ecu in our cars. AEM EMS made that ecu for cars that don't have the luxury like us, k-series guys. K-Pro is more convenient and less pain the ass. Your tune for AEM might be 450 but if you went through K-Pro it would have cut the price and time in half.

sleepy ep3
04-15-2011, 07:14 PM
K-Pro > AEM EMS. There's a reason why Hondata made a reprogrammable ecu by using the stock ecu in our cars. AEM EMS made that ecu for cars that don't have the luxury like us, k-series guys. K-Pro is more convenient and less pain the ass. Your tune for AEM might be 450 but if you went through K-Pro it would have cut the price and time in half.
Nobody ever listens to those of us who have tried different setups and know better. They know it all. Fu** it, just let him find out the hard way.

j0000stin
04-15-2011, 07:26 PM

that and kpro already has base maps for you to run on to at least to get to your tuner

superchargedk20
04-15-2011, 08:05 PM
How do u guys pass emissions with the aem ecu? U can't set readiness like u can on kpro

i11 b3havior
04-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Did you not read when i wrote i got it super cheap !!! I would have bought a kpro if i was paying full price but i couldnt pass up getting this for the price i did !!!

i11 b3havior
04-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Besides you get the same end result with proper tuning and knowledge !!!! I just cant wait for everything to be finished now : )