PDA

View Full Version : Megan Drift Spec

Z'sep3
04-14-2011, 06:06 PM
so i'm pretty sold on the Megan drift spec exhaust.. does anyone that has it tell me some pros and cons and post some pics of it on your car? i wanna make sure its not hugged up on the bumper and make it rattle. thanks!

02TWSI
04-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Pro: cheap exhaust
Cons: sounds bad, fits bad, looks bad.

Z'sep3
04-14-2011, 06:16 PM
ok.. well i need a new exhaust anyway. what can you otherwise suggest?

TronG
04-14-2011, 06:39 PM
I have an apexi ws2 with dcrh and its touching my rear lip and the midpipe hangs super low.

Z'sep3
04-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I have an apexi ws2 with dcrh and its touching my rear lip and the midpipe hangs super low.

how does that exhaust sound? ricey? deep tone?

ep3jd
04-14-2011, 06:45 PM
I liked how my megan sounded with the obx raceheader......before I crushed the mid pipe and added some rasp

mitchell_ep3
04-14-2011, 06:46 PM
i'm gonna get the DC catback single canister, a friend had it on his ep3 and it tucked up nicely, didnt hang too low... anyways i dont care what ya think, that the one i'm going to buy, and it doesnt sound at al oone bit raspy with the DCRH... which is another reason i'm gonna get it... it sounds like it still has the cat in it, which it doesnt.

Z'sep3
04-14-2011, 06:56 PM
I liked how my megan sounded with the obx raceheader......before I crushed the mid pipe and added some rasp

how did it fit under the bumper and such?

TronG
04-14-2011, 07:13 PM
The apexi ws2 is quiet. Sounds real good not raspy at all. Little deep tone when you get on it. But I still miss my buddy club spec 3

fluff19raheem
04-14-2011, 07:35 PM
its loud, but if you like some noise it will suit you well. i am at the point with mine i am kind of tired of the noise. the price cant be beat and it should give you the same performance gains as anything else.

ep3jd
04-14-2011, 07:50 PM
how did it fit under the bumper and such?

Under the bumper? Nice, with the hfp lip.

Under the car? Like shit. Lol

USAF EP3
04-14-2011, 09:50 PM
I almost bought this exhaust for my turbo setup but didn't buy it because of said above.

I actually went ahead and bought a $150 eBay special exhaust and it sounds amazing, then again it could just be the work of the turbo. If I was N/A I think it would've sounded horrendous.

If I were you, I would just save up the extra couple hundred bucks and get a nice GReddy exhaust, the YouTube sounds clips of them on our cars sound great.

Tortoise
04-14-2011, 11:30 PM
I have one and i like the way it sounds a lot. Deff good for the money. It does hang really low though. Thats why im getting rid of it. Im gonna be selling mine soon. Going with a greddy spectrum elite.

ep3jd
04-15-2011, 05:03 AM
If I had the money to spend twice as much as I did I would have bought the tanabe exhaust. I forgot which one, but it sounds AMAZING.

Z'sep3
04-15-2011, 12:31 PM
If I had the money to spend twice as much as I did I would have bought the tanabe exhaust. I forgot which one, but it sounds AMAZING.

i was looking at tanabe ones and i think you're talking about the concept g. i think i've changed my mind to that exhaust. it really does sound amazing

T_Virus
04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
what are your mods? if you don't have anything then I would stay with the OEM exhaust.

ep3JDMhatch
04-18-2011, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYbUIbrHxI

xep3tuner
04-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Not bad sounding, sorry for threat jacking but im just wondering if anyone here has a good 3'' catback exhaust to recommend to me. I've looked at the skunk2 mega r 70mm is that my only option cant seem to find alot of 3'' exhausts out there..

ep3jd
04-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Kteller piping kit.

ep3jd
04-20-2011, 12:38 PM
i was looking at tanabe ones and i think you're talking about the concept g. i think i've changed my mind to that exhaust. it really does sound amazing

Yes sir, concept g. Sounds fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckin wonderful

makavelibranded
04-20-2011, 01:04 PM
The Megan sounds like any other exhaust youll find, ive been through 5 exhausts and every single one sounded the same plus or minus decibles. The fitment is kind of low, but ive bashed on all of my exhausts and they took the abuse including this one. It looks like all others out there and its cheap. Also theres no reason a peice of piping should cost as much as other manufactures, unless you want to be "jdm".

britayik
04-20-2011, 04:24 PM
I love mine. Installed by me a month ago. Has been everything I thought it would be. Good sound, comes with a silencer too which is nice when I want to be stealth haha.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/brianritayik/photo5-1.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/brianritayik/photo4-1.jpg

ep3JDMhatch
04-20-2011, 08:43 PM
does it hang low like some people were saying?

ep3JDMhatch
04-20-2011, 08:46 PM
I love mine. Installed by me a month ago. Has been everything I thought it would be. Good sound, comes with a silencer too which is nice when I want to be stealth haha.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/brianritayik/photo5-1.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/brianritayik/photo4-1.jpg

does it hang low like some were saying?

tlikethedrink
04-20-2011, 10:09 PM
The Megan sounds like any other exhaust youll find, ive been through 5 exhausts and every single one sounded the same plus or minus decibles. The fitment is kind of low, but ive bashed on all of my exhausts and they took the abuse including this one. It looks like all others out there and its cheap. Also theres no reason a peice of piping should cost as much as other manufactures, unless you want to be "jdm".

This is why I went with the BBP (eBay) exhaust. All exhausts are fart cans on pipe. Unless they have a real muffler on em, your really just paying extra for the brand. I got mine for 105 shipped! Fit like a champ. All exhaust systems hang low really, our cars have no exhaust tunnel. I cringe when I scrape my exhaust yes, but I would puke scraping a $500+ system. It's really not that loud with stock header and cat. With the silencer in, it's barely louder than stock.

I have a YouTube video too, search ep3 eBay exhaust or aranciors is my user name.

Cheep3
04-21-2011, 02:15 AM
I just ordered my ebay exhaust this afternoon. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190518280109&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT I may put my OBX WS2 copy rear muffler on it later. I'll run it like it is to start though. It was cheaper to buy this cat-back system than to have a muffler shop fab a pipe from my cat to the rear muffler. Go figure. Do most guys with N1 type mufflers leave the silencer in or not? I guess I'll find out the difference in loudness soon. I went w/ the 2.25" pipe one and the smaller tip. I hope I can get a couple more hp's out of it but I will also be happy with not being the quietest car on the track!

Tortoise
04-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Sellin one if anyone is interested!

britayik
04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
does it hang low like some people were saying?

Not any lower than my friends skunk 2 on his EP

ep3jd
04-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Mineee hung incredibly low, I destroyed it

Pandamanda22
04-22-2011, 12:01 PM
I just ordered my ebay exhaust this afternoon. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190518280109&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT I may put my OBX WS2 copy rear muffler on it later. I'll run it like it is to start though. It was cheaper to buy this cat-back system than to have a muffler shop fab a pipe from my cat to the rear muffler. Go figure. Do most guys with N1 type mufflers leave the silencer in or not? I guess I'll find out the difference in loudness soon. I went w/ the 2.25" pipe one and the smaller tip. I hope I can get a couple more hp's out of it but I will also be happy with not being the quietest car on the track!

Can you post up a video of how that one sounds. I'm thinking about getting a cheap ebay exhaust for now since the person who I bought this car from a while ago has some crappy exhaust that is rattling around and melting my bumper :( But I am still too skeptic to buy one from ebay till I hear it.