PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about going turbo.

CALI-HATCHIN310
04-14-2011, 06:44 PM
so ive had my car for a lil while now n im kinda itchin to get some more power.. thinkin about goin turbo but rele have not to much info on a good set up. need some recommendations and pricing info. really open to anything soo any advice would be awesome! thanks

TronG
04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm planning to get a greddy turbo kit on my a3. I know it's not the best but I'm just looking to get around 250. But I heard rev hard is pretty good also

mitchlikesbikes
04-14-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm planning to get a greddy turbo kit on my a3. I know it's not the best but I'm just looking to get around 250. But I heard rev hard is pretty good also

i think most people will tell you to go check out the EMUSA thread. particulary AKEP haha. there's a TON of information in there

AKEP
04-14-2011, 09:14 PM
trbo wat?

wishbear
04-14-2011, 09:32 PM
i got a set up that you can use pm for more info

sleepy ep3
04-15-2011, 07:09 PM
The direction you should go all depends on your budget, homie.

Greddy $$$$
Revhard $$$$
Afi turbo :mredface:oh my
Full race :mcry::mcry::mcry::mcry:Oh dear

j0000stin
04-15-2011, 07:23 PM
The direction you should go all depends on your budget, homie.

Greddy $$$$
Revhard $$$$
Afi turbo :mredface:oh my
Full race :mcry::mcry::mcry::mcry:Oh dear

this but you can get an intercooler kit at emusa, and geta greddy manifold turbo and dp for a little under a g at crsx.

ep3hatchey
04-21-2011, 01:16 PM
yea it all depends on your budget man..im just gonna save up the pennys for the rev hard kit or work on peicing one together..reason for rev hard kit tho is cuz your getting the k pro with it and theres good quality parts as well..thats a plus in my eyes

USAF EP3
04-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Here was my budget/build to get a frame of reference:

Used PRB KPRO $1000 shipped
Used GReddy kit w/tapped A3 oil pan and EMUSA intercooler kit $1400 shipped
Megan Racing 2 1/2" test pipe $105 shipped
eBay special 2 1/2" exhaust with "BURNT TITANIUM MAD TITE JDM YO TIP" $150 shipped

Total: $2655

If you want some of the parts new, a member on CRSX had a few of the discontinued GReddy kits for sale BNIB for $1800 shipped, my friend with an 06 Type S bought this kit from the member. He also purchased from the CRSX shop the pre-tapped A3 oil pan for $200 shipped. If you were to add these to the bill it would be a total of $3255.

This setup will net you 215-225 WHP untuned on the base map supplied with KPRO @ 8 psi. You should gain anywhere from 10-20 WHP if you get it tuned at this point.

Add in a MAC boost solenoid and Hondata 4 bar MAP sensor for $200 shipped to go over 10 psi. Now the total is $3455.

It really depends what you're shooting for. Me personally, am happy with my current setup and I might consider pushing it a little more but I'm still debating it.

sleepy ep3
04-21-2011, 09:10 PM
I know about the pay to play all too well. If your trying to upgrade from the greddy turbo, I'll sell you my 60 trim precision for a screaming red hot deal. Pm for details. That way you make more power earlier, and at less psi

hothatch
05-15-2011, 11:15 PM
What about supercharging?you were to say get a jr street sc what hp gains and cost would that be?

AKEP
05-16-2011, 02:54 PM
What about supercharging?you were to say get a jr street sc what hp gains and cost would that be?

waste-o-money. go look at numbers/price =]

Michael SK
06-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Turbo is the best choice to go for the ep3. I made 3 stages on my car. First started with an ebay kit for the Ep3 with hondata. Then i got a Greddy Turbo kit complete when i made the change to the A2 engine cause i wanted something bolt on and better quality. Now i made a custom turbo big kit and is the best i could ever made.If you are not looking for a lot o whp, your best choice is Greddy. But you will enjoy your car for 2 month and then you will need more power cause you will feel your car slow. So, if you want to made only one purchase, you better get a custom turbo kit depending on your budget.