PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know the Megan shorty header pipe diameter for Ep3 ?

imthebro
04-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the pipe diameter of the Megan Shorty Header for an EP3 ?

I'm temporarily running my K24A2 swap with my stock exhaust and stock ep3 header. Needless to say it's freakin' chocking the engine for now.

The 3" custom exhaust is coming on the car next week, so that will help for sure.
I did measure the TSX headers that came with the engine and they are roughly 1.55" in diameter on each pipe vs. 1.30" on the EP3 header.. so right there, there is a restriction...

I'm simply wondering if the megan pipes are at least bigger than the Ep3 and hopefully bigger than the TSX.

The megan is a temporary thing that I will buy until later this summer when I get my KRRH header.

thanks

imthebro
04-23-2011, 09:05 PM
anyone ?

McTaggart34
04-24-2011, 07:47 AM
nope no one knows ...

imthebro
04-24-2011, 03:32 PM
well, looking at another thread I found an image that I think says it all: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?46379-Brand-New-Megan-Header-or-Used-DC-Shorty/page2

When you look at the left pipes on each, the megan does look a bit bigger and I expect that it would be sligntly less restrictive than the oem one. It should flow at least as well as the stock TSX header untill I get a modded Race header with a high flow cat.