PDA

View Full Version : Noise from both top front shock absorbers.

CivicSier
04-15-2011, 12:47 PM
I get a clicking noise from both top front shock absorbers, when I turn left to right slightly from a straight position.
What would cause this?

Twisted-X
04-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Strut bearing? Loose spring? :shrug:

cvicep3
04-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Mine make so much noise when I drive on rough road. My friend told me to replace both front outer rod ends.

udontknowjack
04-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Stock or aftermarket struts?? My make noise and it's becuz the top nuts came loose just half a turn..!

RedSiBaron
04-16-2011, 10:15 AM
the top hats on the shock tower mounts may need to be replaced or lubricated with grease, check your suspension nuts and bolts for loose connections, also check your sway bar end links to ensure they are tight, but those make more of a clunk than a click when loose. and check your tie rod ends.

CivicSier
04-16-2011, 10:41 AM
I am almost certain that the noise is from the top of the shock/mount/bearing. I will torque the shock nuts to see if that fixes it before dropping more cash on it.
Would replacing the shock mount/bearing throw the newly done alignment out of whack?

RedSiBaron
04-16-2011, 10:53 AM
I am almost certain that the noise is from the top of the shock/mount/bearing. I will torque the shock nuts to see if that fixes it before dropping more cash on it.
Would replacing the shock mount/bearing throw the newly done alignment out of whack?

noises can travel, check everything, it doesnt hurt to just check all your nuts and bolts anyway...

it shouldnt but it could change alignment depending on what you change out because of production tolerance variation. I wouldnt worry about it though

Twisted-X
04-16-2011, 11:49 AM
it doesnt hurt to just check all your nuts and bolts anyway...

I check my nuts every day. :mbiggrin:

Seriously though, if you check the actual center shock nut on top, make sure the upper shock tube doesn't spin with the nut (it'll make it seem like its really loose). And check everything he said also.