PDA

View Full Version : Just bought aftermarket seats. Now how do I install them???

timbroski
04-15-2011, 04:17 PM
i just got aftermarket seats at O'Reilly's auto parts, but they don't match up with my Honda's bolts pattern. How do I install them? Do I buy a conversion kit or new rails?

Thanks

Tim

Jukka
04-15-2011, 06:25 PM
new rails...you can buy either wedge engineering (sparco/momo), BRIDE, buddy club, or civic type-r recaro rails. all aftermarket seats come with generic universal sliders that work with proper rails for any car. If you want your seats stock hight, go with the wedge brackets. If you want them lower, the BRIDE and Buddy club are lower rails. Be prepared to spend about $120-$220 a side for the rails.

EDIT: Also, this should be in the interior section of the forum, not general discussion.

and yea..any pics of the seats?

civictype_r04
04-15-2011, 07:10 PM
You have pics of the seats.....

Sent from my HTC THUNDERBOLT using tapatalk

timbroski
04-15-2011, 09:39 PM
here's a link to the seats: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ATG0/FML100.oap?keyword=seats&pt=N0600&ppt=C0379

sicivicguy
04-15-2011, 10:43 PM
That's funny... I was actually thinking about getting the same seats a little while ago from Kregan. But I was worried about how they would fit or look. Good luck on finding rails... I'm really curious on how they will come out.

lbk02si
04-16-2011, 01:32 AM
You bought aftermarket sears at oreilleys?????? Ok....

civictype_r04
04-16-2011, 06:29 AM

Agree!!!! And seats that were only 150 that pretty scary dude. Your gonna be paying more for the rails then you did for the seats!!!!

RedSiBaron
04-16-2011, 10:03 AM
due to his location his options are very limited...be nice guys

civictype_r04
04-16-2011, 10:25 AM
due to his location his options are very limited...be nice guys

Most all seat company's ship anywhere!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RedSiBaron
04-16-2011, 10:29 AM

well his shipping costs are a lot more from what he was saying in another thread, plus IIRC hes in highschool.

though i will say these seats dont strike me as safe

apexracing
04-16-2011, 10:38 AM
well his shipping costs are a lot more from what he was saying in another thread, plus IIRC hes in highschool.

though i will say these seats dont strike me as safe

he woud be better finding gsr leather seats or just reupholstering the stock seats.

RedSiBaron
04-16-2011, 10:52 AM
he woud be better finding gsr leather seats or just reupholstering the stock seats.

his car doesnt have seats

apexracing
04-16-2011, 10:55 AM
well then as cheap as these are they should do until he can save up for something else. they should be safe if mounted properly.

civictype_r04
04-16-2011, 11:07 AM
well then as cheap as these are they should do until he can save up for something else. they should be safe if mounted properly.

It's not about how they are mounted its the construction of the seat! One thing I learned about car parts is don't cheap out on anything do it right the first time and that has been since I was in high school!!!!

apexracing
04-16-2011, 11:16 AM
It's not about how they are mounted its the construction of the seat! One thing I learned about car parts is don't cheap out on anything do it right the first time and that has been since I was in high school!!!!

hey if the seat is bolted to the car properly and is constructed decently he should be fine in an accident. if he gets in an accident bad enough where it comes down to the quality of the seat he is probably screwed from the get go. I know there is allot of engineering that goes into car seats to make them durable and safe. maybe the op can return these and look else where for a quality set.

shanewdude
04-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Moved to interior section.

emsep
04-16-2011, 02:19 PM
first thing you want to get is a full refund. ef si would look better. save up a little more for better safer seat or just stick with the bad ass stock seat. :)

AKEP
04-16-2011, 02:38 PM
what highschool?

timbroski
04-16-2011, 06:54 PM

i had no other options living in Anchorage, Alaska. I went to every junkyard, nothing. And I cant afford $300 shipping being in highschool.

timbroski
04-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Agree!!!! And seats that were only 150 that pretty scary dude. Your gonna be paying more for the rails then you did for the seats!!!!

I've been talking to people and I can get brackets up here for about 100. Thats less than half the price of shipping for other seats.

timbroski
04-16-2011, 06:58 PM

Yeah, for around $300 shipping. Look it up. Punch in 99516 as your zip code when your checking out.

timbroski
04-16-2011, 06:59 PM

I don't have stock seats.

timbroski
04-16-2011, 07:00 PM

I don't have any other options since I live in Alaska. I don't have $700+ to spend on seats.

timbroski
04-16-2011, 07:03 PM
what highschool?

South Anchorage