PDA

View Full Version : ¿Rear JDM Re-bar?

EPtyper
04-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Anyone know what needs to be done to instal this? I know you have to drill holes in to the frame. There was a post with pictures before everything was lost back in the day.

RedSiBaron
04-16-2011, 10:27 AM
i would modify it to bolt to the oem location if you already purchased the lower profile jdm one...the mounting points for the rebar are reinforced for impacts, i wouldnt mount it to just stamped thin sheet metal on the back of the car...drill/mod the rebar...and no i dont know how to do it, i bought the ssr modded USDM bar

Jukka
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
do you have a pic of the SSR modified one??

6spd_EP3
04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm going to try to do my own front & rear this weekend . I have searched & can't find many pics of what has to be done but the front sounds easy - I am not sure about the rear but it sounds like the jdm maybe sits higher (bolt holes are higher up on jdm frames?) so the udsm (or jdm) has to be mounted higher on a US car.

from the sounds of it new mount plates must be welded on the back of the support (where bolt holes are) & then you have to drill the holes a little lower than the stock location. then when the bar is mounted it will sit higher. I'd love to know just how much tho

pics of modified front & rear would be appreciated

PREJDMLUDE
04-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Rear needs major modification it's a pain in the a$$. Removing lots of welds to make it legit, I removed brackets on mine so that I can cut off about a 1" then reweld everything so that I can mount it on the frame mounts flush with the JDM rebar and JDM bumper just like factory.

EPtyper
04-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks for replying guys. I think I am going to talk to SSR and see what if anything can be done with the JDM re-bar. There used to be a HOW-TO that was on here with pics before everything was lost. I think it was Peking that made it. I am itching to get that rear bumper on now so I might have to go with the modified USDM re-bar. http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p144/mconetx/S7302930.jpg

PREJDMLUDE
04-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Just some cuts and reweld that's it mounting point are diff one JDM one compared to what u have . Call ssr he'll just say ship it we can do mod or buy ours modded .

RedSiBaron
04-21-2011, 09:04 AM
It furstrates me that is really the only difference between our ep3 chassis and the ukdm/edm/jdm ep3 chassis (if you don't count lhd on usdm/edm and rhd ukdm/jdm), the freaking mounting points for the rear rebar...but my guess is that they had to move them for the USDM market to obtain a 35mph rear crash test rating...

EPtyper
04-21-2011, 03:43 PM
It does suck and it also sucks that the EP was so different compared to the older honda models. It makes sense when people bash EPs but, I still love mine.

RedSiBaron
04-21-2011, 05:39 PM
It does suck and it also sucks that the EP was so different compared to the older honda models. It makes sense when people bash EPs but, I still love mine.

The ep is the cross over to the k series and new f chassis platform from the d series and b series e chassis cars...

The ep chassis really isn't that different to be honest...people just didn't like the styling in the us market, and honda couldn't get the price down low enough, so they had to make changes to it, in addition to the usdm market changes that were needed, in order to sell it to a more expensive preium, more adult market, and it didn't do well because of it.

RedSiBaron
04-21-2011, 05:40 PM

The ep is the cross over to the k series and new f chassis platform from the d series and b series e chassis cars...

The ep chassis really isn't that different to be honest...people just didn't like the styling in the us market, and honda couldn't get the price down low enough, so they had to make changes to it, in addition to the usdm market changes that were needed, in order to sell it to a more expensive preium, more adult market, and it didn't do well because of it.

Passenger
04-21-2011, 09:49 PM
damn your car looks good

EPtyper
04-22-2011, 09:26 AM
damn your car looks good

Thanks! I have a few more goodies to put on before I do a member's ride. It is all show and no go though, hahaha.

EPtyper
05-09-2011, 02:28 PM

Well I meant to convert the body to JDM specs. The older US models were more similar to the Japanese counterparts. Like an Ek and EG were slightly different. Side markers, head light and tail lights, side mirrors. The EP was a lot more involved. Still not a whole JDM ITR front end conversion at least.