PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen a new gauge faceplate?

I_VTEC
12-24-2002, 03:22 PM
The factory unit it just too corny. I would prefer Reverse Indiglo or Indiglo. I haven't been successful in finding some, so, you wanna help for the search?

I-VTEC

importhonda
12-24-2002, 04:06 PM
and you think a reverse indiglow or other gauge faces will be clean, I say keep the factory or replace with JDM or Spoon gauges. Those other aftermarket gauges are pretty Ricy IMO

I_VTEC
12-24-2002, 04:28 PM
Is there a way the stock faceplate can be altered to have a different color lighting, such as blue? (the entire interior will be blue, eventually)

ep3guy
12-24-2002, 05:20 PM
I don't know about you, but I like the orange and the gauges. I like the whole interior, especially at night when its lit up. :D

Jpax
12-24-2002, 06:29 PM
i like the orange color too, :D

SiR Medic
12-24-2002, 07:14 PM
Ditto.

Totally blue interior?
Its your car....

I_VTEC
12-25-2002, 07:09 AM
Opinions don't help, anyone actually find any for sale?

I've searched google and ebay to find nothing.

mrfixit687
12-25-2002, 12:47 PM
no they probably dont have it for our cars, AND I HOPE THEY WONT MAKE ANY, GOD STOP WITH THE RICE :'(

Jpax
12-25-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
no they probably dont have it for our cars, AND I HOPE THEY WONT MAKE ANY, GOD STOP WITH THE RICE :'(

Hes not asking for food, hes asking for a modification that makes he lights different color...... Rice = food , Reverse indaglow = Modify

StreetKing
12-25-2002, 02:01 PM
Go to www.autodynamic.com they have the s7 reverse indiglo gauges for our cars.......they are the only ones i've found so far

hope this helps ....they should go good with your color scheme.

mrfixit687
12-25-2002, 05:02 PM
cant believe people would want to change our nice ass gauges for piece of shit indiglos or reverse indiglos, im sad that the fast and furious movie ever came out :(

I_VTEC
12-25-2002, 05:32 PM
StreetKing: Thank you very much. It helps to know there is at least one replacement out there. I may get those, if not, i'll do the 'gelling' concept.

Mrfaggot: P.O.S. Indiglos? What if they're warranteed? They aren't P.O.S's then, are they? When in TF&TF do they show Reverse Indiglo gauges? (and don't you dare say in the beginning drag race)

Paxie: thank you for the clarification, as if my sig. was not enough. ;)

To all the opposants of my plan, screw you. It's my car, not yours, I have to drive it day-to-day, you don't, so back the hell off.

I will probably be awarded points at a car show for going through all the effort to change all my lighting to blue, since the damned car is blue.

Jpax
12-25-2002, 06:35 PM
If you do find them please post some pics when you install them. I would like to know .

StreetKing
12-25-2002, 06:48 PM
I_vtec if you do get the s7s post some pics

I've been considering getting them myself.

mrfixit687
12-25-2002, 11:24 PM
oh god fast and furious should never have came out, it spawned so much evil(rice) in our world :p

I_VTEC
12-26-2002, 06:07 AM
Hey dumbass, did you skip over my entire reply? Where in TF&TF does it show reverse indiglos?

Street & Paxie: No problem. But I will paint over the inner part of the gauges, there is too much going on there.

mrfixit687
12-26-2002, 11:09 AM
hey ricer, it doesnt matter, reverse indiglo gauges are rice

Brettnyt
12-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Im with Pax and Street, i wanna see some pics... could look pretty nice! Good luck VTEC, i bet the blue theme will look pretty nice if its done well...

-Brett

ssvr6
12-26-2002, 12:15 PM
Personally, I think that the stock is the best look. I think indiglo (or anything mod with "glo" in it's name) is in poor taste.

But if you're building a show car, more power to you.

Steve

grooveline
12-26-2002, 12:31 PM
i went to the site, saw the guages....I want em', bad

I_VTEC
12-26-2002, 04:21 PM
I think we've concluded Mr. Faggot needs to be banned or something. Flaming has to be against the rules of the forums.

From this point all, all dumbasses will be ignored by me.

TomR123
12-26-2002, 09:25 PM
Hey, back off. His car let him do whatever, and even if you insist on trying to stop him from doing it dont do it by calling him a ricer. One persons style is not anothers. Id bet youd feel stupid if you actually ended up liking blue gauges in our ep. dont knock it till you try( or at least see) it.;)

its raining
12-26-2002, 09:57 PM
it is his car. i dont think it looks that bad actually. i wouldnt dream of changing my gauges, but his might look good after its all said and done. heres a pic and link for all the lazzies out there.
s7 gauges (http://209.87.151.155/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=EGHC02SI-S7)

StreetKing
12-26-2002, 10:46 PM
:p

SubliminalSi
12-26-2002, 11:01 PM
Gezz, its not like he's asking where to get some glowing neon runners, or strobe headlights, its just the gauge. I also was thinking on changing mine to red if all possible but havent looked yet. Good luck with whatever your outcome is;)

Glix2
12-26-2002, 11:10 PM
That looks just like a VW (the night shot)

redronin22
12-27-2002, 12:40 AM
if it was all red i'd probably get em. im kinda feeling em as is though. the one feature in the jettas that i liked were those lights. hmm 99 bucks how much work do you think it woul take to instal those?

Glix2
12-27-2002, 12:44 AM
It's a royal pain in the ass I would probably take it to a local shop to have them installed.

03hatch
12-27-2002, 03:13 AM
the gauges look nice but damn 100 bucks for the gauge...thats a lot of money...im pretty sure you can change the orange light to blue...i think they will look better

SiR Medic
12-27-2002, 12:11 PM
I gotta admit...

They don't look that bad!

To VWish to me but hey thats just me!

Just to clarify things I_VTEC... I do think an all blue interior is a little much... HOWEVER, what I declare as too much is MY OPINION, not anyone elses. As I said in a previous post "IT IS YOUR CAR" it is your right to do whatever the hell you want with it.

If my idea of a good MOD does not coincide with yours... c'est la vie! I might speak up about how I would not that mod and that should be it.

HOWEVER... Calling someone a faggot just because they do not agree with your mods is childish. Yeah... an all blue interior may be a little intense for some of us... does that make us faggots?

Respect my right to comment on your car and I will respect your right to customize your car as much as you like. This is after all a forum, and all ideas and opinions must be made welcome.

nbj1485
12-27-2002, 12:47 PM
pwned

IceD out N CALI
12-27-2002, 12:54 PM
those dont look bad at all, but i wouldnt get them either;)

Si4Me
12-27-2002, 12:58 PM
those gauges look pretty nice.... I might just consider them myself.... if i could find a way to get all the other lights on the dash to match! THAT'S the key! I want all the colors the same

I_VTEC
12-27-2002, 08:09 PM
I can say and do damn well whatever I choose. If people try to alter that, fuck them. If they cannot back up things they say, they shouldn't have said it.

SiR: when did I specifically name you a "faggot"? It was not aimed at you, so, ignore it.

Once again, it isnt your car, you don't have to drive it, you don't pay for it. I do. Once I get this peice installed, those who choose to enjoy this mod. will appreciate the pictures. Those who don't, scroll the hell past it.

Oh, and NBJ: Shut the fuck up. :rolleyes:

nbj1485
01-01-2003, 03:31 AM
ooookkkkk telling me to shut up for no reason. i love blue interior, I was planning to get indiglo gauges myself. sucks that u diss a person that agrees with u. SiR Medic was right about a few things though.

2k2SiAutoXer
01-02-2003, 12:29 AM
damn, someone is a little snipy

--Tom

mrfixit687
01-02-2003, 10:11 AM
i_vtec's on PMS :eek:

JoshSI
01-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

HOWEVER... Calling someone a faggot just because they do not agree with your mods is childish. Yeah... an all blue interior may be a little intense for some of us... does that make us faggots?

OH NO!!!!! WE ARE DOOMED!!!! I dont have blue lights in my car i dont want to be gay! I like girls WAAAAAYYY too much!!! Dont let them turn me gay! PLEASE!!!!!!

p.s. Even if it turns me gay I wouldnt put those gauges in my car. Not to be mean or anything but the faggot comment was just plain silly

JDM FO LIFE!!!! FOO!!!!!!

jo3y
01-02-2003, 08:19 PM
I think blue lights would be cool. Besides if I_VTEC does the blue won't this just be paving the way for us who want to do it in red? I like your idea and hope to see you accomplish it - espically with a blue civic, that mod would be so sweet!

most_hatedSi02
01-04-2003, 07:39 AM
I think the blue is a nice change if you're changing your enterior, the red and orange don't match. I had the standard black guages the glowed blue in my accord and I liked it. Good luck man and I can't wait to see pics.

Oh and who cares what's "rice" and not rice. Modifying a car is all about individuality. So in my book the only thing that would be considered "ricey" is putting down someone elses ideas.

That's all I have to say about this matter children!

I_VTEC
01-06-2003, 06:05 PM
most_hated and jo3y: thank you both. You will see pictures no less than one hour when it is completed. thank you. Everyone else who hasn't anything nice nor helpful, FUCK OFF.

most_hatedSi02
01-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Main it ain't no thing! I'm here to learn and share my ideas and shit just like everyone else, some people just ruin it for others by being dicks!

02SiNewbie
01-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know if it would be possible to change the blue to white in that gauge?

BLAZE
01-19-2003, 08:55 AM
here are the replacemant faces.

BLAZE
01-19-2003, 09:07 AM
sorry for the repost

fsugatorbait
01-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by I_VTEC
I can say and do damn well whatever I choose. If people try to alter that, fuck them. If they cannot back up things they say, they shouldn't have said it.

SiR: when did I specifically name you a "faggot"? It was not aimed at you, so, ignore it.

Once again, it isnt your car, you don't have to drive it, you don't pay for it. I do. Once I get this peice installed, those who choose to enjoy this mod. will appreciate the pictures. Those who don't, scroll the hell past it.

Oh, and NBJ: Shut the fuck up. :rolleyes:

Yo, you got problems, what people say here is their opinon and not to be taken personally. Who cares what they say about it if like you say its your car and you drive in it. No need to be callin people out, there just voicin their opinion as you were when you posted. Take a step back and chill, most people here are modin cars with go fast stuff not reverse indiglo lights that the car came with. but as its been said time and again, to each his own, but with this mod theres bound to be more people disagreeing with it than agreeing. :confused:

civicpimp
01-28-2003, 03:07 PM
Much hostility in here...Anyways there is a way to change all of your interior lights. Personally I wouldn't do it but here's a link on the 2k1 civic site:
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=12366

or

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=14648

or

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=16963

Not sure if this will help anyone or not.

civicpimp
01-28-2003, 03:09 PM
My bad...not quotes

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=12366
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=14648
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=16963

sniperSI
01-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by I_VTEC
I think we've concluded Mr. Faggot needs to be banned or something. Flaming has to be against the rules of the forums.

From this point all, all dumbasses will be ignored by me.

He's stating an opinon, your the one with the name calling 'mr faggot' come on is this a 4th grade msg board. geezus

DHeffernan
02-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Yeah, seriously, I'm so tired of all the rice. I'm adding a CAI soon, and I'm pissed about the extra noise it will make. I hate it when people car hear what RPM I'm driving at, makes it sound like I'm trying lol. And as for The fast and the furious; I've seen one too many lowered Civic EX's with VTEC stickers with a DVD player in the dash, watching the movies as they roll up with no engine mods to a meet.

2k2civicSi
02-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Did i miss something?gezz you guys need to calm down.

i like the gauges BUT 100bucks i dont think so

MokujinX5
02-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by its raining
it is his car. i dont think it looks that bad actually. i wouldnt dream of changing my gauges, but his might look good after its all said and done. heres a pic and link for all the lazzies out there.
s7 gauges (http://209.87.151.155/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=EGHC02SI-S7)

I think they look good. You have to be careful with the needles... they're easy to fack up.

SiNi$t3R
02-06-2003, 11:49 PM
check it out i found this at http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=12366&STARTPAGE=7 . These guys suck at describing how to do this but if anyone can go through the threads and clarify on how to do this then that would be really cool.

Calling peeps on this board "Faggot" and such is really not commendable. But Telling a person that he is a ricer is not cool either when all he wants to do is change the color of the ineterior lights.

I do not like the orange stock color we have in the cockpits. What this guy is trying to do is just make things a lil bit visually attractive in the inside. Anyway im still thinking bout them guages.

So if anyone can help me out here and clarify the instructions on how to make the cabin blue, i would deeply appreciate it.
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=12366&STARTPAGE=7
Oh yeah here is where i found it

TravisEP3
02-23-2003, 07:53 PM
I think that blue theme looks soo sweet. Just seems like it would be a lot of work also. Here's my 2 cents on how I would make an attempt. I noticed when putting my head unit in that there is little things in each of the knob faces that has the orange tint to it. I would say cut out some blue plastic the same size as the orange ones and put it in place of the orange ones. Or maybe paint some clear plastic lightly and stick those in. Never done it just now thought of it. Mod as you wish and see fit. As for the gauge cluster, I love the white gauges and the orange glow. One of the reasons I bought the car, I wouldn't have to replace them. Just my opinion :) Please don't flame me :D

minimay7
03-09-2003, 02:21 AM
Self illuminating blue light is a product of modern science. Before, it was only achieved by having a regular white/yellow bulbs with blue tinted lens around it. That's why most of recent electronics that shows off it's coolness usually has blue glowing lights.

With that said... almost all race cars rely on red lights... Think BMW, Audi, etc... It's because red lights read out faster than any other colors to human eyes accroding to the research. It's also the least tiring color for the eyes. In other words, it gives least stress to human eyes in the dark. VW lights are more on the purple side than being a true blue lights...

I think people are referred as a "Rice" when their desire for style overshadows function. The debate in the tuning/styling community is always about what truly works vs. personal preferance.

I personally think Si's gauges look and works just fine. But, if you want to change it, I have no problem with that. Good luck in finding the gauges you are looking for. However, I think it is extremely immature to call names. Because we fall in under a niche market, our conduct of behaviors determine the overall perspective of people over our community. I think we need to show some sense of responsibility and maturity by being able to carry out intellectual debate with rational sense of mind.

I am sorry if I sound too snobby and seems to be going out of topic...

RyteN2Ep3
04-08-2003, 09:09 PM
for those who wants to see the actual S7 gueage on our Ep.. i've installed one on my silver ep

RyteN2Ep3
04-08-2003, 09:10 PM
when lit...

RyteN2Ep3
04-08-2003, 09:12 PM
more..

RyteN2Ep3
04-08-2003, 09:16 PM
it really does look great !! but somehow my camera couldnt get the orange/red light that lid up... really looks much better in person!!! way better then the plain orange oem guage...

jo3y
04-08-2003, 09:58 PM
How was the install? hard to take apart the dash, break anything doing it, I want to do this but i need some info before i just start prying and pulling apart the gauge cluster

RyteN2Ep3
04-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by jo3y
How was the install? hard to take apart the dash, break anything doing it, I want to do this but i need some info before i just start prying and pulling apart the gauge cluster

the install wan't that bad.. pretty easy to take apart the guage to put the new one on.. and nope i didn't break anyt'n puitting it on ..its just placed on top of the oem guage.. u just pull the black part of the dash out.. after.. unscrew a few screw bottom left n right.. u should see it after u puledl the black dash out.. and to get into the guage.. u have to unclip all the clips around the outside of the guage.. only concern i should warn when puting on the new guage is to watch out when u place the guage around the needle make sure u don't break it.. just becareful and take your time.. took me about 20mins.. to finish it up.. .. hope this help you.. good luck!

hamproof
04-09-2003, 09:08 AM
But is it readable during dawn/dusk driving time? The factory OEM gauges makes it so hard to see the numbers and often time they are washed out when I drive during the dawn/dusk time.

The gauges on the Si are pretty bad actually, lighting wise. Don't know why anyone would like them.

todaCspec
04-09-2003, 10:13 AM
I'm usally not a ig fan on these kind of overlays(bright a$s green/blue), but these look pretty good. First glance w/lights off, looked like TRD Alteeza(IS 300) gauge cluster. Pretty phugin neat! It's always good to be different.
I'd never understood why people would want to put SPOON cluster in their EK's when the Sh#t is in KM. You could simply replace the EK(no RPM gauge) w/ 99-00 SI cluster. JDM to a certain extent is good, but such a modification as Spoon cluster is a straight overkill.

i02si
04-09-2003, 12:57 PM
I had them for a month now i think there cool.:D

SiNi$t3R
04-10-2003, 09:17 AM
we use to have a post here on Reverse indiglo guages. I have the link at home but i do know its at autodynamic.com . for $89

SiNi$t3R
04-10-2003, 10:45 AM
here is a link for some indiglos http://nextcollection.com/html/ORD-Auto~Styling-Indiglow~Gauge-no-6949-none.cfm

here are some with the titanium overlays
http://www.importtrenz.com/importtrenz/accessories/indiglo_gauges_reverse.shtml

$129

G-J
04-15-2003, 02:33 PM
Well I guess its my turn to be told to fuck off or be called a faggot.. because those gauges look like I would be looking at a friggin clock as I am driving :mad: -*Bleah* and I had indiglos on my V6 Accord for about 2 days... I couldnt stand them and ripped them out. If you can change the LED's in the stock gauges (that'd be tight and a sick ass DIY article) - I'd say do that -- indiglos are for F.F. stars. My $.02

shimmy_yaz
04-27-2003, 10:17 PM
I to wanna change my gauges. They are pretty kool and think they make it look alot better. I was just wondering if u found any blue needles too, as I think that would look even better. As for all the critics, you can think wwhatever u want but don't talk crap about other peoples ideas, just shutup and move to the next thread!!! IMO the fact that they made a blue car with orange interior lights was stupid as hell.

RiceCzechs
04-29-2003, 09:15 AM
Steering well clear of the flame war, I'm happy you like your new gauges, and indeed I think they look better than I would've expected. That said, I prefer the stock setup because it is cleaner and somehow less "gimmicky". Regardless, I always like to see mods on here of all sorts, and give you a "thumbs up" for your efforts. :cool:

StrangeShadow
05-16-2003, 12:46 AM
looks like pretty good work:thumbsup:
personally I just wanna change my color on the oem gauges from orange, to blue or maybe red.

todaCspec
05-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by SiNi$t3R
here is a link for some indiglos http://nextcollection.com/html/ORD-Auto~Styling-Indiglow~Gauge-no-6949-none.cfm

here are some with the titanium overlays
http://www.importtrenz.com/importtrenz/accessories/indiglo_gauges_reverse.shtml

$129

Both places are selling the same product, just different prices.

dofu
05-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by RyteN2Ep3
it really does look great !! but somehow my camera couldnt get the orange/red light that lid up... really looks much better in person!!! way better then the plain orange oem guage...

it sure looks nice lit up...to bad it looks so jacked in daylight. it looks nice in the pics tho...but i'm wonderin if you got the same [problem] i do - are your turn signals covered up...or can you still see them light up during day?

RyteN2Ep3
05-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by dofu

it sure looks nice lit up...to bad it looks so jacked in daylight. it looks nice in the pics tho...but i'm wonderin if you got the same [problem] i do - are your turn signals covered up...or can you still see them light up during day?

yeah i do have the same problem during the day with the turn signal :( .. can't really see it, when signal'n only after the sun set... the guage i wouldn't say its 100% all that during the day.. but its sure is 100% all that at night :cool:

dofu
05-17-2003, 03:43 AM
when i got the guages, i called ac and asked them if i could cut it open so i can see the blinkers and their response was that the guage was still under development and that they were'nt really ready for the market, and that if i cut it open to see the blinkers, it might affect the lighting of the guage. honestly, i feel like i got jacked even tho i only paid about a bill for these, and seriously, i would never buy anything acautotechnic again. cos if you have the same problem if you bought your s7 anytime recently or towards the end of last year for that matter, that means they weren't even concerned about the little problem with these guages. BTW i got these guages in oct or nov...i think...they said that mine was one of their first orders and they didn't even notice that design flaw until i mentioned it. and also, ours is the only ones made for civic with this flaw. looking thru some threads here, i read something about changing the color of the stock gauges and all the accessory lighting, and im thinkin that i'lll give that a shot sometime. cuz that way i can get the lighting effect of the ac's without all the bull. and plus, i think the stock looks cleaner anyways.

Ocelaris
06-03-2003, 08:08 AM
I've got my center console/headunit area out right now and the buttons all disassembled, working on switching the off-red orange color to blue right now. Changing the light bulbs to LEDs, resistors inline and all, I'll be sure to post some pics of the install. The hardest part will be soldering resistors inline with the LEDs to the twist in bulb area.

If that goes well I'll definetly be trying to switch the stock orange to blue... I could go red too. I just think the orange is a bad shade of orange, not really red, not really orange, feels very inbetween to me.

The nice part about LEDs is that no matter the "shade" or tint, you can't change the color, so even though the needles on the gauges are orangish, they'd still be blue at night... But look stock during the day. That is they'll either be blue (since blue LEDs behind it, or nothing at all).

Those gauges look good at night, but too much for me in the day... and I'm gonna go for monochromatic if I can, the problem I think with the tinting is if you take out the stock gauge red tint it looks splotchy? Anyone tried that yet? More help on taking the gauges out would be helpful.