PDA

View Full Version : Notorious Honda Squeak in the Steering

ur2slow4j
04-16-2011, 08:44 PM
anyone know about that and how to fix it, basically theres a squeak in my steering, dunno wtf it is getting annoying

gtimportfanatic
04-16-2011, 10:22 PM
yeah i got this today too

x3thelast
04-16-2011, 11:01 PM
lube the tie rods??? or get new ones. i did and its gone :)

talonXracer
04-17-2011, 06:14 AM
There are several different levels of noise and each level incorporates more failed components in the steering rack, start at the tie-rod ends and work your way inwards. alot of the issues are in the rack itself and usually seen on lowered vehicles and vehicles that have been curbed.

thaseint
04-17-2011, 07:16 AM
A lot of people have experienced squeaky steering, myself included. Here's how I eliminated the noise...

1) Remove the boot clip band around the steering rack on the passenger side.
2) Get some multi purpose lithium grease with a grease gun, make sure it has an attachment hose.
3) Pull the boot on the steering rack back towards the drivers side as far as it'll go.
4) Insert the grease gun hose and pump most if not all the cartridge of grease into the rack.
5) It may help to turn the steering wheel a little to get all the grease in the rack.
5) Use a tie wrap and put the boot back on the rack.

I did this well over a year ago and haven't heart a peep from the rack since. :thumbu:

Andrew
04-17-2011, 10:15 PM
A lot of people have experienced squeaky steering, myself included. Here's how I eliminated the noise...

2) Get some multi purpose lithium grease with a grease gun, make sure it has an attachment hose.
3) Pull the boot on the steering rack back towards the drivers side as far as it'll go.
4) Insert the grease gun hose and pump most if not all the cartridge of grease into the rack.
5) It may help to turn the steering wheel a little to get all the grease in the rack.

I did this well over a year ago and haven't heart a peep from the rack since. :thumbu:

there was a DIY on exactly how to do what he explained, but i dunno if it was lost in the multiple crashes or not

ur2slow4j
04-17-2011, 11:56 PM
nice avatar

ur2slow4j
04-21-2011, 08:48 PM
i cant get that boot off and i dont wanna break the clip

JaydmEp3
04-21-2011, 10:39 PM
there was a DIY on exactly how to do what he explained, but i dunno if it was lost in the multiple crashes or not

4sur thanks guys. imma give it a try over the weekend. needa fix tht and my squeaky clutch. annoying uggh

doubledouble
04-22-2011, 01:15 PM
This should help:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?54406-How-to-fix-creaky-squeaky-steering-rack!&highlight=steering+rack+squeak

MikeCivicVtec
04-25-2011, 03:48 PM
My EP3 has that dreaded squeak everyones been talking about on the steering rack.
Ive noticed it only seems to come on when the car is warm. It has been lowered.
Does anyone know of a remedy to fix this problem?
Or is it a new steering rack? :mcry:

charles
04-26-2011, 12:21 AM
My EP3 has that dreaded squeak everyones been talking about on the steering rack.

i like helping people....... but come on. there are instructions posted in this thread how to fix it

doubledouble
04-26-2011, 05:24 PM

:facepalm: look at post #10 just before the one you posted.

greywarden
07-14-2011, 10:07 PM
This should help:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?54406-How-to-fix-creaky-squeaky-steering-rack!&highlight=steering+rack+squeak

lube the tie rods??? or get new ones. i did and its gone :)

nice avatar x3thelast. i think pause for a minute or 2 on your avatar.lol

im gonna try what you said thaseint. im already losing hope and looks like my last resort will be going to my dealer. oh god i don't want to pay expensive labor. but i dont have any choice! damn i dont wanna buy those honda parts (http://www.partstrain.com/ShopByVehicle/HONDA).