PDA

View Full Version : making more hp and tq than a hondata tuned type-s up to 6500 rpm

myeverlovinsir
12-24-2002, 03:45 PM
Thought I would put this out there for any critics of the Si(R) potential. I think the K20 platform is great compared to previous gens, as it should be, and with minimal mods.

JSIR
12-24-2002, 05:45 PM
if we could just lose a few more pounds, this car would perform a lot better. A few more rpms will surely help too.

JSIR
12-24-2002, 09:01 PM
At the lapping day event I put on last year at Gingerman Raceway, I was amazed how easily I could pull away from some heavily modified and lightened Integra Type R's, and 99-00 Si's on the shorter straights coming out of the turns, even with a passenger in my car during many of the heats. I could run the whole track in 3rd and 4th gears too, never had to downshift any lower than 3rd even in tight hairpins. I was running a totally stock 2002 SiR with stock tires. I was short-shifting at 5000 rpms all day as well as the car was new at the time.

The year before I was always downshifting to 2nd gear in my 99 SiR, and it was a dog coming out of the corners. I plan on having much more fun this year.:)