PDA

View Full Version : Badge Removal

Jonny_EP3
04-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Hello all,

I'm looking for a DIY on removing the trim badges (Si/SiR) off my EP3. I'll be leaving my Honda badges, but would like to remove the SiR badges front and back from the vehicle to make it look a bit cleaner. I've searched a bit but to no result.

Any feedback is appreciated!

-Jonny

Silvercard
04-17-2011, 03:26 PM
You can take off the rear si emblem with fish line/floss. then use googone to take the residue off.

.colin
04-17-2011, 04:37 PM
^^ that, and for the front you can just yank it off if you don't care to keep it. For the side decals you can remove those with a hair dryer.

Jonny_EP3
04-17-2011, 05:51 PM
You can take off the rear si emblem with fish line/floss. then use googone to take the residue off.

So the badge is on using adhesive, not a pin?

What about the front grille badge?

Silvercard
04-17-2011, 06:01 PM
I believe the rear Si emblem doesnt not have pins. I removed the civic and it was all adhesive. Si emblem is the same as I have seen it before stated on the forums.

japarossa
04-17-2011, 06:11 PM
The front SiR emblem is on with 2 plastic pins and retainers.

Jukka
04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
if you get at the backside of the bumper, you can get at the speed nuts that hold the SIR badge on, just pull them off. All the other ones at the rear of the car besides the H are held on by double sided tape

mitchlikesbikes
04-17-2011, 07:39 PM
if you get at the backside of the bumper, you can get at the speed nuts that hold the SIR badge on, just pull them off. All the other ones at the rear of the car besides the H are held on by double sided tape

nailed it

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
all the badges on the rear including the h are held on by 2 side tape

doubledouble
04-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Sort of on topic. I'd like to take off my H logos to paint then put them back on. Best method for this?

02ES1
04-17-2011, 11:24 PM
After you take off the rear SIR badge and the side IVtec stickers the goo-gone will help get the residue off but I've found that liquid or paste caranuba wax helps remove that ickysticky shit really well too!

doubledouble
04-18-2011, 12:04 AM
@ jonny I'd use a hair dryer to heat up the badge before using the fishing string. I've done it before. Easy.

Jonny_EP3
04-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll post some pictures as soon as I finish.

Jonny_EP3
04-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Sorry for the double-post, but the Goo-Gone won't work. I've got the badges off no problem, but the residue left behind won't come off. I've tried just about everything and it's still not coming off. Help?

.colin
04-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Sorry for the double-post, but the Goo-Gone won't work. I've got the badges off no problem, but the residue left behind won't come off. I've tried just about everything and it's still not coming off. Help?

Soak the residue in the Goo-Gone and let it sit. It'll come off with a little patience.

Jonny_EP3
04-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Soak the residue in the Goo-Gone and let it sit. It'll come off with a little patience.

Approximately how long would be best? When I initially tried, I had left it soak for about 10 minutes and had no result.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Approximately how long would be best? When I initially tried, I had left it soak for about 10 minutes and had no result.

...you gotta scrub at it a little too
put a little elbow grease into it
it doesnt hurt to use some water also

just like wiping a table with a food stain that wont come out...

Jonny_EP3
04-18-2011, 03:16 PM
...you gotta scrub at it a little too
put a little elbow grease into it
it doesnt hurt to use some water also

just like wiping a table with a food stain that wont come out...

I did. Very hard. Even tried several different towels -- all to no result. : (

shanewdude
04-18-2011, 07:10 PM
You could try using a credit card or gift card to help scrape the goo off. Here's a link to pics of the process:
Click here for link to DIY on removing ivtec stickers and Civic badge. (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?42433-DIY-Debadging&highlight=debadge)

02ES1
04-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Did you use a hair dryer to heat up the residue and then put the goo gone on? You could also try some plastic razor blades and liquid caranuba with a microfiber towel. At the end of the day, time, car washes, and wax will get the last of whatever is stuck on there.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Did you use a hair dryer to heat up the residue and then put the goo gone on? You could also try some plastic razor blades and liquid caranuba with a microfiber towel. At the end of the day, time, car washes, and wax will get the last of whatever is stuck on there.

oh well when i did mine it was like 100 degree weather in texas and my car was parked outside..in the sun
so it was prolly already heated up

i think heat is the best way