PDA

View Full Version : kits/peicing

ep3hatchey
04-18-2011, 12:36 PM
so it seems every one buys kits for there ep's like the emusa kit and rev hard kit..i hardly see people peicing together kits for the ep3 like people do with the d and b series and others..is it becuz theres not a wide selection like the other motors? or is it becuz when you get a kit basically every thing is right there in front of you? just randomly thought about it

ep3jd
04-18-2011, 12:53 PM
I rarely see full kits on cars lately. People usually buy cheap shit and replace certain components. Or just source each piece individually until they have a full kit.

ep3hatchey
04-18-2011, 01:19 PM
i was just wondering..i just havent noticed any body peicing them together..seems like its either emusa or full race or rev hard..i sorta beilve that you can peice a hole kit together cheaper then buying one of them kits not including the emusa kit cuz its farly cheap already..idk just a random thought i had today lol

dj addicted
04-18-2011, 01:29 PM
the problem you run into while piecing stuff together tends to be the piping. Generally on a kit, you will not have to cut any piping and everything will fit pretty much perfectly. Also, you will be surprised how quick little things add up such as silicon hose, hose clamps, etc.

ep3hatchey
04-18-2011, 02:00 PM
yea the little odds and ends do make a dif for sure in pricing..i was just checkin on what peoples thoughts were about it and if they did it or what not..just seems like its so much easier to peice one together for a d or b series since the varity is much bigger with parts..(started on a D series but sold every thing)

heyvortek
04-18-2011, 02:05 PM
i tried putting a "custom kit" together but not many manifold choices. either log or sidewinder. then the piping is a pain to match. i got peices laying around the garage. got a fullrace for a good price so i said eff it to custom

ep3jd
04-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Yeah but its not too bad getting ebay piping and making it fit. My girlfriend's brother its doing that as we speak

ep3hatchey
04-19-2011, 12:24 PM
yea there aint many manifold options at all i noticed..and nothing wrong with the ebay piping at all..if ya mess up you can always get it cheap..if ny thing id just go with the rev hard kit basically becuase your getting the k pro with it and every thing else youd need for a good low whp DD..but with the rev hard kit there saying its a "rev hard t3/t4" turbo..so hows that work..knock off housing with name brand guts or what?

ep3jd
04-19-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm not turbo savvy so I can't help you but hopefully someone else chimes in.

heyvortek
04-19-2011, 03:47 PM
yea there aint many manifold options at all i noticed..and nothing wrong with the ebay piping at all..if ya mess up you can always get it cheap..if ny thing id just go with the rev hard kit basically becuase your getting the k pro with it and every thing else youd need for a good low whp DD..but with the rev hard kit there saying its a "rev hard t3/t4" turbo..so hows that work..knock off housing with name brand guts or what?

understood most of that. can you rephrase that question better. the only thing about log style manifolds are inefficient compared to sidewinders.

ep3hatchey
04-20-2011, 12:05 PM
rephrase what? i already know the differences in the manifolds..i was just wondering about the turbo in the rev hard kit..they stated its a "rev hard t3/t4"..that threw me off..dont know if its there housing with name brand guts/internals or if its the other way around

and if you were thrown of by me talking about the ebay piping i was talking about ep3jd's buddy that was making the IC piping setup

Akeeg4
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm peicing together a kit. I picked up a rev hard manifold and tial wastegate already to go along with the greddy kit I already have. So I pretty much already started with half the kit...the intercooler and piping, injectors. And blow off valve...all I need is a turbo, downpipe, oil lines, and a dump tube. Maybe something else here and there... ill be selling the greddy manifold, turbo, downpipe, oil lines, and piping shortly.

xep3tuner
04-20-2011, 06:55 PM
akeeg message me whenever you decide to sell it ill buy the piping

ep3hatchey
04-21-2011, 12:52 PM
akeeg message me whenever you decide to sell it ill buy the piping

thread jack..pm someone next time before you post sumthing like this..