PDA

View Full Version : New member in Denver area

JeffCO
04-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Hello all,

As a new Ephatch member and a new owner of a 2002 Civic SI, I just wanted to take a moment and say hello to everybody. I love the forum here, it has been very helpful and fun to look, read, and research about this wonderful car.

I have never owned or even much driven a compact car before. I come from a truck and 4x4 background and ownership history (I also own a 04 F-150 and a restored International Scout II).

The current fuel crunch naturally pushed me to look for a more fuel economic car. So, a couple months ago I started searching for a high (30-40mpg) fuel economy car. At first, TDI Jettas intrigued me because they can get close to 50 mpg. I nearly purchased one but the seller sold it out from under me for a higher bid after we had shook hands on a deal. I am glad that deal fell through because I eventually found and quickly fell in love with these EP3’s.

After I test drove a 2002 SI, I knew I had to have one! The EP3 appealed to me because of the style, size, and performance, and fuel economy Also, most of the used EP’s I was finding for sale fell within the price range I needed to stay in. I eventually found and purchased a 2-past owner 2002 SI with 78.5K on the odometer for $7000. This SI is very stock, but I absolutely love it and am very happy with my purchase. I believe I got a great deal on the car given the current market for high MPG cars and the KBB value was $7800. Oh yeah, and he threw in 4 close to new snow tires which are great to have in Colorado. The one disadvantage this car has is that it did not come with the stock SI seats. For some reason only the front seats were taken out and replaced with other Honda seats. The seats are not uncomfortable and they look fine (just o.k.), but I really would prefer the look and style of the original seats.

I have owned my EP for just over a week. Unfortunately, I developed severe stress fractures in my left leg last weekend while running a half marathon. I’ve been on crutches since last Sunday. My leg hurts too much and I need to let it rest so I cannot press in the clutch to drive it right now. I have only driven my new car ONCE so far!, but I need to rest my leg to get better. It’s killin’ me!!! Anyway, I had all last week and this week off of work (due to my leg injury) so I began an intricate and thorough detailing of the car. Full vacuum and interior detail Exterior - Clay bar, paint cleaner, polish, then wax. Despite some used car scratches and 2 minor dings, the car is cleaning up very nice! This guy could have sold this car for much more (his asking price was $7500) if he would have maybe cleaned it up or had it detailed himself. He didn’t even vacuum his car for what seemed to be over a year. His loss = my gain.

So, here are some questions I have for all you fellow EP owners:
- Where can I locate a set of the original front SI seats, or can you all suggest some other seats that are comparable to the stock SI seats?
- I cannot for the life of me pull off the rear wiper assembly. The wiper assembly was weathered and the cap was missing, so I ordered another replacement assembly from Honda. I removed the nut , but how can I get the assembly off the post? Seemed like an easy fix, but not the case!!
- The window trim. The sill trim at the top of the door (just above the handle) that meets the door windows is flaking and peeling badly. I have been unable to locate this trim to purchase for both doors. I doesn’t seem to be available at any of the parts websites I have found (and I have found many parts stores online). I could always pull the trim of and repaint it, but I would rather just replace the trim. Any suggestions??

These are currently the only issues or questions I have about my new car. I will certainly post some pictures of this black beauty as soon as I get the detailing finished and I can drive it out of the garage. Sorry, about the longwinded introduction, but I would love to hear some responses to my questions. Do you all think I got a good deal? The car runs spectacular by the way!

I a really stoked to have purchased this gem of a car and I am looking forward to making this car my own by making some additions that I really like. More to come!

JeffCO
04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
I just received my AEM V2 intake!

FoReVaPmP
04-19-2011, 01:40 PM
pics???....

and check out the DIY section .... there is a thread about "rear wiper assembly removal"...

GL and :welcome: to Ephatch.com

JeffCO
04-19-2011, 04:19 PM
I will be posting some pics soon. I want to finish the detailing. I realize everybody wants to see pictures so I am trying to hurry, but I am still on crutches right now.

JeffCO
04-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Just installed my AEM V2 intake today. Very nice indeed! Excited to have found and finally ordered my new window sill trim pieces today. Ordered Weathertech floor mats today. Continued the detailing process with more detailing products set to arrive any day in the mail. This car is cleaning up so good! So much fun! Just wish I could use my left leg, not very mobile yet and still too much pain!

Vi3tdaddy
04-29-2011, 03:59 AM
Hi and welcome to ephatch! I live in the denver area too.

smykhaisouk
04-29-2011, 07:45 AM
seeing newcomers with a freshly purchased ep makes me appreciate my car all over again and again. i miss that old feeling. welcome to ephatch.

SkareKrow
04-30-2011, 12:21 AM
:welcome: :bump2: for PICTURES!:smile: