PDA

View Full Version : Progress rear swaybar hitting lower control arm ?

imthebro
04-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Hi,

I recently installed a rear progress sway bar on my 04 civic SI and I noticed yesterday that the sway bar was hitting the passenger side trailing arm (right above where the 12 pan bolts are situated on the bottom portion of the trailing arm)

It's clear the bar does not have the same shape as the OEM bar when you compare them (and yes I have the right bar for a 2004 SI). I rounded off the corner of the control arm to prevent this from happening, yet I still hear a bit of knocking in the rear suspension that was not present before I installed the swaybar. I have read of people installing the bar upside down, but I'm pretty sure mine is on right as I can hardly see how it could be installed upside down in the first place.

The end links are on tight as hell (I bought Moog Endlinks as they are guaranteed for life)

Has anyone encountered a similar issue ?

RedSiBaron
04-19-2011, 08:00 AM
You have the bar on upside down...flip it around

imthebro
04-19-2011, 10:08 AM
fuck** A man ! i just checked the instructions on the progress web site (which I had lost when I installed it) and compared with the bar as it currently sits and the damn thing is upside down...

I'll now go in the corner and think about what I did...

RedSiBaron
04-19-2011, 10:10 AM
fuck** A man ! i just checked the instructions on the progress web site (which I had lost when I installed it) and compared with the bar as it currently sits and the damn thing is upside down...

I'll now go in the corner and think about what I did...

Hahaha dude its all good, I've seen a lot of people do it, you aren't the first

imthebro
04-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I wanted to say thanks man, I just finished installing the sway bar correctly and no more knocking !