PDA

View Full Version : Fender lining rub

sleepyhouse1422
04-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Hey guys. I've been a member on here for a while but have never really posted because I've found everything needed through searching. I recently decided to redo my suspension on my 04 and went with progress springs and Tokico shocks/struts. I'm running 17x7.5 48mm rpf1s and previously had 215/40s. After looking at some pictures on here I decided to go with 225/45s on all corners. I had to roll the rears but they are good to go.

My problem is with the fronts. The springs settled a lot more then I thought they would and the tires are rubbing the fender liners. After looking everywhere online it seems that the solutions would be to remove the liners completely, or cut them on the top where it is rubbing. Would it be safe to say that I could leave it as is and eventually the tire will rub through where needed or do you think that will destroy the tire in the process? Any opinions would be great and sorry for the long post!

greywarden
10-07-2011, 09:45 PM
you're in great danger if you're tires are rubbing. it will be a tough job to remove the liners but looks like it is youre only choice if you want to have that kind of set up. dont leave it as it is, better be safe than sorry mate just make some space for that fender (http://www.partstrain.com/ShopByDepartment/Fender) liners.

PatrickJamesYu
10-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Mine are completely trashed from rubbing.
It's got holes where it rubbed.
But I do recommend doing something about it.

roll the front fenders
maybe try the cut method.

SmoothEPs
10-08-2011, 07:53 PM
My liners eventually rubbed itself out. The right way would be the cut/remove it. However, I did not experience any issues with letting it rub itself out.

27rocks
10-09-2011, 08:55 AM
If its rubbing the plastic liner i wouldn't really worry about it, its not going to damage the tire in any way. Now if you are rubbing on any metal (front fender) then i would look into maybe rolling or pushing up the tabs out of the way. And seeing as your offset and wheel width is not a concern its safe to say that you can just leave it alone.

PREJDMLUDE
10-09-2011, 12:43 PM
If your remove liners just a reminder reroute the hood release cable on drivers side