PDA

View Full Version : So... A few questions before I swap...

i11 b3havior
04-21-2011, 04:55 AM
I have almost everything I need to finish the swap. My a3 is out. I'm just waiting on the crv bracket and my rbc IM and adapter plate (just a little fyi you cannot use the 06 or newer tsx intake manifold) I do have a couple questions thou. Will my stock exhaust fit to the tsx exhaust manifold with a little working ? Will I be able to use my aem cai now that I am using the rbc IM ? And do i need to put spacers on my subframe to keep it from rubing my oil pan ?

RedSiBaron
04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Edited your title to help you get more views and answers, :mwink: I don't know anything about your swap, so I can't tell you where the answers are.

You are swapping a k24a2 right? It doesn't say in this thread, so I can't remember.

i11 b3havior
04-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Thank you for editing !!! Yes I am doing an 06 k24a2 swap and we have almost everything ready to go in I am just waiting on the rbc manifold which I didn't know before hand that the 06 manifold would not work. O well a lot of people like the rbc it seems ?

AKEP
04-21-2011, 09:45 AM
no the tsx exhaust manifold wont fit. it points straight down, where the rsx and ep3 exhaust sways to the drivers side.

why doesn't the 05-06 tsx intake manifold work? are you talking about the way it points up at the throttle body?

CAI should still fit, so far i have heard they fit the same.

spacers on the subframe to keep what from rubbing your oil pan?

i11 b3havior
04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
04-05 im does fit but the 06 and newer will not because it went to drive by wire even with the adapter plate it doesn't fit beacause the second half of the manifold is different then previous years. and i heard that the oil pan rubs the sub frame due to the k24 being bigger ? not sure if that is true or not ?

bchaney
04-21-2011, 05:18 PM
The k24 sits higher up top - the oil pan should be at the same height as your stock a3 was