PDA

View Full Version : OEM Deck stopped working

LeeStrange
04-21-2011, 07:42 AM
This started last year -- Just have been too busy to look into it until now. (Its summer here, want to start listening to CD's!)

Anyway, the radio will play fine, but when I insert a CD, it will try to read it for about 20 seconds, and then spit it out (forget if there is an error code).

Its not just a bad CD, as I have tried many.

Has anyone had these symptoms before? Is there a way to fix this? (New laser or something?)

Where is the best place to buy an OEM deck if I need to replace it? What will this cost me at Honda?

smykhaisouk
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
you're better off buying a generic cd player from wal mart or best buy because a brand new one from honda is goinng be expensive. i've seen a few on sale in the classifieds for about 50.00+ but for about 80.00+ you can get a new JVC or SONY at wal mart and they come with an MP3 input jack. dont forget the stereo adapter kit which is usually about 15 bucks

LeeStrange
04-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Found a dude selling one in my area for $20 dollars. Anything I can check for to make sure it works?
I'm gonna make sure he has the anti-theft code.

boricua4life
04-21-2011, 03:15 PM
also what you can do is while the car is on the, take radio fuse out n leave it for a couple of minutes. i did that tomines when it was throwing the error thing when putting a cd n now it works fine. just check it out

shanewdude
04-21-2011, 03:15 PM
For $20 you're not taking a big risk. You could ask his reason for selling and how old it is... if it was replaced by an aftermarket head unit early in its lifetime, you should have no trouble. Make sure if the wires were cut on the harness you have enough left to crimp or solder.