PDA

View Full Version : g-Force Sport vs. Ventus V12

BigBurch422
04-22-2011, 10:32 AM
ok so...i'm looking to upgrade to some 17" wheels, meaning i'll need new tires. i'm going with a 225/45/17 and i'm just looking for an affordable, sticky, dd tire. right now i'm running 205/50/16 general exclaim uhp and they're great for the price, but the sidewall is a little soft so i figured i'd try something new. i've seen great reviews for both tires mentioned, but lots of people say the g-forces have a lot of road noise and i'm concerned with tread life on the v12s since they're only a 280aa rating compared to my now 380aa rated tires. anyone have any first hand experience?

heyvortek
04-22-2011, 10:41 AM
g-force bc i am bias. i dont know much about ventus v12 either. i do want to say that bf gforce are kinda pricey but i think its worth it. very good and sticks well.

mitchell_ep3
04-22-2011, 11:59 AM
i've had falken ziex912's and nitto neo gens and my BFG g-force sports are the longest lasting/best ride/best handling tire i've ver had... of course i never dimmied rubber on the ep3, i've gone through those other sets of tires on a boosted EM1 ... and they hooked up the best and last the longest.... i bought 17 inch rims for the ep3, and i have the BFG's on there now.... and i've been going about 50,000km's and treads porbably around 90% left... the the rear where i'm showing a little bit of camber... there is about 60% tread left on the inside of my tires... all i gotta do is rotate them and i can get another 50,000kms' ++

EDIT.... AND ROAD NOISE IS MUCH QUIETER!!!

T_Virus
04-22-2011, 12:26 PM
I have g-force sports too...good tires that have a good tread life

socmex7
04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
that treadwear rating goes to shit unless you're comparing tires within the same brand since they're not standardized. but yea, loved my g-forces when i had them, lasted me almost 30k in 215/45-17. if you're worried about treadlife then go with them. the hankooks are just more fun lol. deceptively sticky, as in you dont realize that you're putting down good times since they feel softer :msmile:

BigBurch422
04-22-2011, 11:23 PM
that treadwear rating goes to shit unless you're comparing tires within the same brand since they're not standardized. but yea, loved my g-forces when i had them, lasted me almost 30k in 215/45-17. if you're worried about treadlife then go with them. the hankooks are just more fun lol. deceptively sticky, as in you dont realize that you're putting down good times since they feel softer :msmile:

hmmm in your opinion would you say the sticky-ness of the hankooks is worth the trade off of treadlife of the others?

POOPTOOTH
04-23-2011, 07:02 AM
I've had the BFG's and thought they were pretty good, kinda loud, but lasted me for a decent amount. I JUST bought the Hankook V12's to put on my Volks due to the pricing, sizing (tread width) and reviews.

It was one of the highest reviewed tires over on Tire Rack, so I figured I'd give them a shot. I've only had them on for a couple hundred miles so I haven't beat on them yet, however I already love them. They are really quiet, and the wet traction is probably the best I've ever experienced. And everyone says they are really sticky, so once I get over 500+ miles on them I'll find out for myself! :)

Slip_Angle
04-23-2011, 06:20 PM
V12's hands down.

willy_akino
04-24-2011, 01:07 AM
v12 u cant beat the price n performance got second place in the top review

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q2/tire_test_nine_affordable_summer_tires_take_on_the _michelin_ps2-comparison_tests/hankook_ventus_v12_evo_page_10

POOPTOOTH
04-24-2011, 07:17 AM
V12's hands down.

v12 u can beat the price n performance got second place in the top review

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q2/tire_test_nine_affordable_summer_tires_take_on_the _michelin_ps2-comparison_tests/hankook_ventus_v12_evo_page_10

:thumbu:

Also if you buy the V12's at Tirerack before June, you get $60 back.

udontknowjack
04-24-2011, 08:39 AM
v12 IS better....but dont expect them to last more than 25,000 miles if that matter to you....

Draw7Seven
04-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah at the end of the day my Civic was daily driven and I want to buy tires as infrequently as possible. The amount of wear those BF Goodies can take is pretty damned impressive, and I was never upset with their (daily driven, never tracked) performance. I guess if you're really putting your car through the measures and want more out of the tire for a shorter amount of time you'd go with the V12s.

socmex7
04-25-2011, 12:16 AM
hmmm in your opinion would you say the sticky-ness of the hankooks is worth the trade off of treadlife of the others?

yes :msmile: