PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware!!!! Weathertech Mats Suck!

JeffCO
04-23-2011, 01:31 PM
I just received shipment on new all-weather mats for my 02 SI. I put the driver side in first and it did not cover much of the floor and the mat does not work in conjunction with the mat holder pegs. Very disappointed! I will be sending them back. Weathertech's customer service sucks as well. Not only did I waste $15 for the shipping to my house, but I now have to waste more money shipping them back to the manufacturer to receive my refund.

Buyer beware!!! Do not buy these mats! These mats are not custom fit for EP's and do not fit well at all!

ShadowEP3
04-23-2011, 02:06 PM
link to source?

15000rpms
04-23-2011, 02:53 PM
I just received shipment on new all-weather mats for my 02 SI. I put the driver side in first and it did not cover much of the floor and the mat does not work in conjunction with the mat holder pegs. Very disappointed! I will be sending them back. Weathertech's customer service sucks as well. Not only did I waste $15 for the shipping to my house, but I now have to waste more money shipping them back to the manufacturer to receive my refund.

Buyer beware!!! Do not buy these mats! These mats are not custom fit for EP's and do not fit well at all!

Yeah, they never "really" made one for our cars. I really like the mats they made for other cars though. It covers everything like a bowl.

Jukka
04-23-2011, 03:27 PM
should have bought a set of the floor liners for the 06+ coupes and drill a hole to match up to the oem install pegs. I've been running a set of them for almost 2 years now in my car with no issues. Had to drill the hole in the drivers side to match up the peg and trim down the passanger side to fit.

JeffCO
04-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Jukka, thanks for the tip and advice. I am just thoroughly disappointed. I expected so much more from Weathertech. I use a complete set of Husky floor liners in my truck and they fit like a glove. The Husky liners have been a wonderful purchase. I suppose I was just hoping and expecting the same craftsmanship and quality when purchasing the Weathertech set!

Jukka
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Yea, if you actually look at weathertech's cataloge it shows the only floort matts that fit the EP are universal fit ones that are in a specific size category. I used to sell weathertech products and ran into that issue pretty often. It was actually EP03 who used to work at the same shop as me who figured out the 06+ coupe floor liners fit. I'll post some pictures maybe monday if i get a chance.

JeffCO
04-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks Jukka. Yes, please do post some pics. I would be very interested to see how your mats fit. Thanks.

PatrickJamesYu
04-24-2011, 02:28 AM
Thanks Jukka. Yes, please do post some pics. I would be very interested to see how your mats fit. Thanks.
Yeah
pics