PDA

View Full Version : What midpipe should i buy?need a new setup,too loud.

hothatch
04-24-2011, 12:59 AM
I've been getting pulled over way to much with my current exhaust set up.Im running a strup shorty header to a megan test pipe to a skunk2 megapower R 70mm and a injen MR tech CAI to top it off.This ep3 is mind knumbing loud even with the silencer in.You cant even think while driving with the silencer out its really that loud it is but sounds amazing,but anyway ive been seeing WAYYY too many flashing lights behind me and it attracts douches to tailgate and annoy me with there ricers.So i want something quiet but with the power gains.I understand i messed up with the 70mm and lost alot of my torque so ive been thinking about this setup.. my current meagan test pipe to (what kind?)midpipe to stock axel back.Ive read its all the power of a catback with stealth.Im liking this idea and ive heard exhaust notes with this setup on youtube and it sounds great and so much quieter than my mega R 70mm skunk.
Do you guys feel this would be a good setup?I also have sparkplug defoulers in my testpipe to trick my o2 sensor would this affect it?Also what is a good brand and kind of mid pipe I should get?I can get a meagen mid pipe on ebay under 150 bucks are they any good?Someone recommended a rsx-s midpipe?Also how do you connect the the stock axel back to the midpipe? Chop the Axel back off the stock exhaust and weld it? or flange/weld it to the midpipe?Any info on this setup would be much appreciated.Thanks!

EPSU3
04-24-2011, 02:48 PM
I had the same set up but to a 60mm skunk 2 and that was too loud. I went to a megan midpipe and stock axle back. the megan pipe bolts up just fine if you bend the hangers just a bit to prevent rattle

T_Virus
04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
if your only with bolt ons, get rid of the skunk 2 megapower and replace it with your stock exhaust. That's the reason why you got pulled over.

injen mr cai, megan test pipe, megan midpipe to stock exhaust. That way you'll get some of your torque back. And don't worry about the HP because without Hondata you're already limited to 6800 rpm.

hothatch
04-26-2011, 12:49 AM
If i go woth that setup t-virus what should i do about hondata?Where do i start?I dont know anything about hondata..

j0000stin
04-26-2011, 01:18 AM
If i go woth that setup t-virus what should i do about hondata?Where do i start?I dont know anything about hondata..

first buy it haha. shorty header and test pipe doesnt even make your car that loud. put a race header in and put that mega power in. now thats loud!

what you wanna do is put your stock exhaust on. if you wanna keep your exhaust on i suggest getting another resonator welded on. cost like 20 bucks on summit racing and shouldnt cost that much to get welded on.

kpro wont make your car quieter if thats what your thinking. its all for tuning purposes (i.e. making your car rev higher, tune for reliablity and power).

honestly hondata shouldve been your first mod anyways

talonXracer
04-26-2011, 05:51 AM
The Skunk2 exhaust is far too large for the A3 even when cammed and worked over. And then it also has the typical ricer fart can muffler, that is the real issue and why the inserts are included. Put the damn insert in.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
04-26-2011, 08:51 AM
if your only with bolt ons, get rid of the skunk 2 megapower and replace it with your stock exhaust. That's the reason why you got pulled over.

injen mr cai, megan test pipe, megan midpipe to stock exhaust. That way you'll get some of your torque back. And don't worry about the HP because without Hondata you're already limited to 6800 rpm.

yes megan test pipe///megan midpipe///stock axleback is what i'd reccomennd too

ill be running stock cat/// megan midpipe///stockaxleback because of emission

but if i didnt have to worry about that i'd run the test pipe

most of the sound is prolly coming from that big skunk2 axleback

hothatch
04-27-2011, 11:35 AM
thanks for all the input guys.I dont know what to do now for this exhaust....My stock exhaust rusted away I just found out at my friends house where i was keeping it.So now i dont know what todo,i cant afford another $500 catback system and it seems really hard to find a stock axelback for sale.Anyone have any ideas?
Also could i have a link to the cheapest store where to buy the hondata for the
ep3?

hothatch
04-27-2011, 11:37 AM
I have the baffle in all the time and it still is way to loud and is getting me pulled over.
The Skunk2 exhaust is far too large for the A3 even when cammed and worked over. And then it also has the typical ricer fart can muffler, that is the real issue and why the inserts are included. Put the damn insert in.

T_Virus
04-27-2011, 12:12 PM
thanks for all the input guys.I dont know what to do now for this exhaust....My stock exhaust rusted away I just found out at my friends house where i was keeping it.So now i dont know what todo,i cant afford another $500 catback system and it seems really hard to find a stock axelback for sale.Anyone have any ideas?
Also could i have a link to the cheapest store where to buy the hondata for the
ep3?

check the classifieds on here, honda tech, clubep, these normally come up for sale.

hothatch
04-30-2011, 09:24 AM
thanks,if anyone has or knows anyone that has a stock ep3 muffler or complete stock system in there garage lmk,id like to buy it.

ep3hatch03
05-09-2011, 06:05 AM
get an apexi world sport 2 axle back they are super quiet and sound amazing if you look inside the exhaust it has three chambers and is setup like the mugen twin loop it would deffinately be worth it i think i saw one forsale on here