PDA

View Full Version : lower center console

AKAahlecks
04-24-2011, 03:27 PM
sorry, im sure it's been covered, but ive tried searching for it and i didnt come up with anything. how do you take off the front part of the lower center console? i could take off the back (part with the ebrake) but after that i cant seem to budge the front off. i know there are 2 clips and 2 screws you need to take out; ive done that and it seems to get stuck near the AC power plug.

DA9_GSR
04-24-2011, 06:08 PM
sorry, im sure it's been covered, but ive tried searching for it and i didnt come up with anything. how do you take off the front part of the lower center console? i could take off the back (part with the ebrake) but after that i cant seem to budge the front off. i know there are 2 clips and 2 screws you need to take out; ive done that and it seems to get stuck near the AC power plug.

because there's another 2 screws. You have the pop the AC power plug panel out and the two screws are right behind it.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss330/22reg/JDM%20carpet/Dsc02015.jpg

Jukka
04-24-2011, 06:24 PM
theres also 2 10mm bolts hiding under the rubber mat at the bottom of the cubby hole..under the cupholders. After that, as long as you also have the two clips under the dash pulled out, you should be set.

DA9_GSR
04-24-2011, 06:36 PM
theres also 2 10mm bolts hiding under the rubber mat at the bottom of the cubby hole..under the cupholders. After that, as long as you also have the two clips under the dash pulled out, you should be set.

Yeah those two. Slide the console lid and cupholder forward and pull the rubber mat up. You'll see two 10mm bolts under there. Be careful not break them!

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss330/22reg/JDM%20carpet/Dsc02012.jpg

AKAahlecks
04-24-2011, 06:59 PM
ahh i see i see. thank you very much! :D

Jukka
04-24-2011, 07:30 PM
easiest way to get at the bolts i find is remove the part that surrounds the hand brake first, then use a nice long extention and go through the little openings where latch is.

AKAahlecks
04-24-2011, 10:47 PM
how did you pull the power panel out? i mean i pulled it out, but i cant seem to figure out how to disconnect it